1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Garuba is looking like a miss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Dec 27, 2021.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

What happened to this guy? He went from looking like a stud just last year in Europe to looking like a subpar player in the international circuit. I don't think it's knee-jerk at all to wonder if he's ever going to make it.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think he has found a role, or had one either defined for him or him carve one out for himself.

DD

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is the kid that the Rockets need to put their arms around and get his head right. Garuba has to get in tip top NBA shape ( & stay in shape) & work on his 3pt shot. He’d play 10+ years of NBA ball if he just does those two things with his Defensive ability. Someone needs to pound that in his head. He’s just 20, so he has time.

4. DaDakota

I 100% agree, but I don't believe he will get that time with the Rockets, it is the wrong time for him to try to develop here when we have so many ahead of him that are further along and they also need development.

I expect Garuba to be in the GLeague - and if he doesn't get a lot better to be gone by next year.
    And that is not a knock on him, just saying there are others that are further along that fit our current timeline that will get the minutes he also needs.

DD

#804 DaDakota, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    quikkag and HorryForThree like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Bruno is looking like a hit.

roslolian, larry cook and Believe It! like this.
  6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

G-League, LOL. He looked fantastic.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He looked alright tonight but Bruno looked better.

Not sure how he's going to see minutes on this team this year or the years following honestly. Hopefully some other team sees value in him.

8. Houston77

Supporting Member

Bruno looked good, but Garuba disrupted everything. The two are not mutually exclusively.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

judging a players whole career at 20 is laughable...............even though he looks 30

clos4life, HTX Ninja and Believe It! like this.
  10. eman

eman Contributing Member

He looked good on defense tonight. So did Bruno. And Boban was perfect. Let's keep watching.

I still think we need to trade a bunch of good parts for a great PG. But I'm old fashioned that way.

peleincubus likes this.
  11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Garuba the defensive deflector

i3artow i3aller and Zen Tabak like this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not exclusive no but they are competing for the same minutes because there's Jabari, Eason, KJ, Tate, and Sengun, all better than those two so it really is Bruno v Garuba for minutes that might only exist when players are missing.

SamFisher likes this.
  13. DaDakota

As I said, I think Garuba will be in the Gleague a lot this year as he learns how to play the NBA game.

There are just too many other players better than him that are also developing and the minutes go to the best developing player.

DD

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Bruno just signed a guaranteed deal and not a 2 way and is the only semblance of a big man lob threat off the screen so...

JayGoogle and DaDakota like this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

A lineup like Porter Green Eason Smith Garuba could get pretty nasty on defense. Garuba is coming around, the defense is legit.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are right Garuba disrupted everything including our own offense cuz he couldnt score.

Thankfully he didnt disrupt his colon and soiled himself this time.

SamFisher likes this.
  17. Houston77

Supporting Member

Oh wow. A poop joke.

[​IMG]

18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think garuba can be more valuable than kj and Tate is a better trade asset.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

We just signed Tate so he cant be traded. Also you dont trade Tate cuz he is one of the young leaders of this team, can fill in 3 spots in a pinch and locked to a small deal for the next 3 yrs.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Garuba is trying to emulate pj Tucker 0 pt full defense game. +/- 11 it was a stomp but still quite impressive to not score and still have a positive +/-