1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garcia vs. Hamilton vs. Casspi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Mar 24, 2014.

?

The following player should be first off the bench to back up the small forward position.

1. Omri Casspi

15 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Jordan Hamilton

88 vote(s)
    71.0%
  3. Francisco Garcia

21 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. noone

noone Rookie

Casspi will only play in the playoffs if the Rockets have a huge lead or are getting blown out. I see the latter happening because outside of Dwight Howard the team is questionable.

I don't know if the Rockets can get someone else but I assume unless some guys are willing to take a pay cut than you're stuck with casspi.

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I'm just throwing this out there again, since there's been an additional recap on Garcia's performance in last year's playoffs. To me, in that series, Garcia epitomized the 3&D player, which is exactly what we need in this spot IMO.

Hamilton is not a 3&D player IMO. To my understanding, a 3&D player will pass to the open man when he's covered. When Hamilton's covered, he will drive and throw up a certain brick like he's a wannabe Michael Jordan.

3. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

Hamilton seems to not have a great aptitude for passing.

4. noone

noone Rookie

I'm changing the subject but I cringe when I see the empty seats at the Rockets game.

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Casspi is shot, I'd rather trade him for the Anderson kid from Philly that lights us up everytime we play Philly. I also hate the parson, Jlin, Dmo, Asik, and Casspi lineup that McFail has tried. No athleticism whatsoever and then wonder why the lead evaporates, even with Hamiliton replacing Casspi this lineup is horrible.

Kudos to McFail for realizing you can only plan Lin and Harden together for a few minutes, a defensive melt down waiting to happen.

6. MichaelG281713

It's not even close. Hamilton is much better off the bench. N

7. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Good thing Trashpi is gone next season and I am also sure that no Top team in Europe will want to have him

8. noone

noone Rookie

Hamilton's black but I don't get the better athlete than Casspi. I would consider the jews the grow up around the west bank or south africa as athletic. The rockets are paying four guys for one or two million Casspi's as good as what you can get. The better Euroleague players won't play for that. I think Casspi's struggle is that he doesn't interpret the game very well. Not his fault he came from a screwed up environment in Sacramento under the Maloofs and Cleveland under Byron Scott's paranoia and conspiracies. I don't think he ready but he's probably going to be the answer for Pat Beverly's torn miniscus.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thx for the morning laughs :grin:

10. noone

noone Rookie

I think casspi will eventually find his way in the nba and his career will have a happy ending. He had a real rough start but a lot of nba players do.

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Garcia was key in our 2 wins vs. OKC in the playoffs, he also helped our 1 win vs. the Clippers last regular season. What is wrong with him, if he's not injured, why isn't he playing ? We could sure his shooting tonight.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hamilton is our poor man's Ariza.

He had a nice couple of games when he first came. Then just kind of faded. Maybe he is at his best when he doesn't try to do too much.

It is really strange how Garcia plays great defense only against Durant. When he guards someone else, he just fouls like crazy. And I hope he finds his 3pt shot again.