1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] - What games are you playing?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chamillionaire, May 12, 2012.

1. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Borderlands, League of Legends, Skyrim

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I just started, so I didn't have that frustration. I'm at my 7th case.
    I like it so far.

3. Zackery

Zackery Member

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 on PS3.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This. I'm playing it right now and is a big difference to me compared to the xbox. I should've bought a ps3 a long time ago. No monthly charge and the connection hasn't lagged like xbox. Sweeeeet.

5. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Who's gonna get the new Game of Thrones game?

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

MLB 12 The Show
    NBA 2k12
    Valkyria Chronicles

7. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Still kicking ass in Unreal Tournament 99. Yep still playing it because I'm such a pro. Bought both UT2k4 and UT3 and never really care for it. Dragon Age:Origins-on a second run but been holding off on it. My Mass Effect 3 is sitting on the shelve right now but I guessed I'm holding out for mods and for Bioware fix ending. But will have to play the first ME1 and replay 2 before jumping into ME3.

Seriously I need to buy a 120Hz LCD monitor. My 5ms respond time LCD is just giving me a headache or else I would be playing more Skyrim. It's buttery smooth on my 19" CRT monitor. Yep I still kept it and I only use it for my Unreal Tournament 99 for the quick/fast action that only this monitor can give me without any ghosting or lag.

8. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I always wait for GOTY editions. I finished Dragon Age: Origins about a week ago, and I'm about halfway through the DLC. I also just bought the GOTY edition of Oblivion, so that will be sucking up my time here before long, and I still need to play God of War 3 first.

I'll get to Arkham City and Skyrim, eventually.

9. VanityHalfBlack

I have no interest in online play. I judge games based solely on the single player portion (which these days is like buying half a game). Black Ops was hugely disappointing. Haven't gotten MW 3 yet, but im sure it's more of the same. Hope it's better than Battlefield 3 though, that sucked donkey balls. didn't even finish it... just stopped caring.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This is me scoffing at the idea of you being a "pro" UT player. Not because you can't possibly be good...no wait that was it. :)

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You didn't like the single player on Black Ops? I thought it was a lot better than MW3, and I more or less enjoyed both. Didn't touch BF3...though I do have the game collecting dust.

12. VanityHalfBlack

I might need to play it again though, don't remember much of it at the time...

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Surprisingly some of the best parts to me were the vehicles. The part with the helicopter was just sick. I also liked the story, despite the fact that it was kind of easy to see where it was going. I'm tired of post-modern combat (hell I'm kind of tired of modern combat), but I thought the locales were interesting.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah these types of gameplay is repetitive as hell, losing interest... That Max Payne 3 looks good though, never played 1,2 is Max Payne a cop/detective, does he work for the mob or something??? I'm a big fan of crime movies mainly the police procedural one or the noir from the 50s...

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

*gasp* You didn't play first first or second one and you started the thread?! You disappoint me greatly, sir!

His wife and child are murdered at the beginning of the game, and you spend the game finding out who did it and why. He was an undercover cop and the only person that knew his cover gets murdered. From there it's basically a downward spiral.

The second game deals with another love interest...it's been a long time since I played it...but I think you can gather how it ends.

At this point he's no longer a cop of course. He's drowning out his memories with alcohol and painkillers. A friend he met on the police force in NYC offers him a job in Brazil as a body guard...if you've seen Man on Fire I think that's their inspiration. Badass movie btw.

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

I play MW3 a little, but not like I was a few months ago. I've grown sick of it and started mixing in a little Black Ops which I prefer. MW3 is boring to me. I just play when I get bored because I'm somewhat good at it. Black Ops 2 can't get here soon enough for me. I may do the same with Battlefield 3 because I honestly had a more enjoyable experience with Bad Company 2 for some reason. Battlefield 3 has some downloadable content about to drop soon that has my attention though.

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Get on UT noob so I can school you and you'll probably cry like a baby like the others claiming "he's using cheats".

18. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I been playing MW3 alot im on 12th prestige but getting tired of it usually play in the evening around 7pm.

Anybody here play DC Universe Online for PS3? I just downloaded it like a month ago it's a MMO game and kinda fun AND ITS FREE in the ps market store. My character is a hero and level 12 but I havent put that many hrs in it.

DeathByVenom49- PS3

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

a) I don't "cry cheats" ever.
    b) I don't play UT. I have, however played with/against some of the best UT players in the world. All of which have moved on from UT99. (Which further leads me to believe you suck.) Ever heard of Demize, Lotus, or XS-Pain? I'm sure you're better than them, right?
    c) If you want to load up Counter-Strike/Halo/CoD...I'll teach you how to count down the minutes until you respawn.

20. A00man

A00man Member

I'm playing Arkham City and Mass Effect 3.

Arkham City seems like a chore sometimes. I'm not very far into the game, but I definitely enjoyed Arkham Asylum more for it's Metroidesque game play.

Mass Effect 3 has started off with a bang and continues to be amazing. Of course that's what everyone says until they see the infamous ending which supposedly has ruined the entire trilogy for many. I guess I'll enjoy the ride until I see this ending, because so far, the game rocks!