1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by EssTooKayTD, Sep 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. magman

magman Member

I stayed up way too late playing last night. I'm getting to old for that, but the game is fun.

Apart from some server issues in the first hour or so, I had tons of fun, and the map is huge.

Counting down the hours till the end of work.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't care for online multiplayer games but I do like story mode games like the old rainbow six games.

can I play this game by myself or do you have to do multiplayer like the stupid star wars game?

3. magman

magman Member

If you stay out of the Dark Zone you can play the game solo or co-op. You basically have missions and side missions to build up your base of operations and unlock new skills and perks. You can walk around the city solo or coop and do missions solo as well. The Dark Zone is where there is player vs player as well as ai enemies.

How much content there is to sustain a single player experience is debatable by some. Missions can be replayed at least.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Dark Zone can be solo, but do expect to probably be killed from time to time. If you can accept that, completely soloable. Again, not advisable, but I do it from time to time.

As far as content, apparently at level cap (30), you unlock daily tasks/missions that net you phoenix credits that you use to buy the best loot in the game. I think the daily quests are just replaying the existing content though.

Not sure how the expansions and updates will cater to the solo crowd. I will say this though: you should really try to go through the content with 4 people. It makes the game TONS more fun.

5. joesr

joesr Member

The match making, is that PvP or is that teaming you up with someone else to do the missions with you?

Does the darkzone give you better gear or just add the realism of PvP into the mix (or both)?

How is loot done with multiple people? RNG? Roll? Do you just agree upon stuff as they come?

Advantages to the season pass right now versus waiting till a expansion comes out?

I am liking the game so far.

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

All you guys getting hype over the Division but Dark Souls 3 is around the corner :)

7. joesr

joesr Member

Also, what is the deal with playing via tablet (drone?)

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is the gameplay similar to Destiny?

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes...similar to Destiny

10. joesr

joesr Member

When you get killed in the darkzone, what exactly can be looted from you? the gear you are wearing? gear in your bag? everything? like when I respawn I will be buck naked?

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Finally picked it up on Xbox.

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Just the gear that you've collected during your time in the dark zone

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

How? Can someone explain that? I keep hearing it...i had Destiny at one point and disliked it. Isn't this one a realistic shooter?

14. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i watched the angry joe review of this last night...think i'll pass. not that i have too much time to play video games these days.

15. faraza84

faraza84 Member

It's setup in a realistic world but because it's an rpg with stats affecting armor, health and firepower it can take forever to kill enemies. It's really annoying at lower levels and kills the immersion. I'm just trying to beat the campaign and I play time to time with friends but definitely overhyped. I usually like tom Clancy stuff like ghost recon because of tactical and realistic missions but this is just slightly tactical with friends.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Division was marketed as a lootbased TPS tho lol.

You guys should have expected Diablo/Destiny style gameplay.

17. EssTooKayTD

Bingo. If it is taking you too long to kill enemies, chances are you need better gear. I hoped for more technical/tactical boss fights, but that, unfortunately, has not been the case.

If they keep it going with how the game stands now? It's a good game, but not a great one. Also, we are only 2 weeks post-release, with the first update with incursions coming soon already. I'm hoping the upcoming free updates will include boss mechanics that one would have to learn to defeat them. If it continues on the same path it is now...I'll play, but admittedly won't be "feenin'" to play.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Agreed on most part about boss fights that I've had so far(only level 18). They don't really seem to vary and doesn't require any specific strategies for each one. They're all kind of super mega tanks that walks slowly and does high damage.

I have more trouble in hard mode against the grenade tossers and the guys who rush up with shotties than the main bosses.

19. EssTooKayTD

The Last Man Battalion NPCs are at least somewhat smarter. They can get pretty aggressive, so that's fun.

Wait until you go Challenge mode. Those shotgun runners pack a heck of a punch. But with decent gear, crowd control, it's no biggie. Challenge mode, you actually do need to use some strategy and tactics. Nothing crazy, but at least it a change of pace. Though, I recently just hit the cap and have only done a couple.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member