1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

One sec

2. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

[​IMG]

some of my older 3ds games, dont play 3ds anymore really

7. what

what Member

Well, I guess you've earned the right to criticize the Switch if you want to. I won't stop you, my man.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

was contemplating buying it for the new mario game this month. looks sick.

that guy seems to know video games, so i guess i wont. havent bought a console since n64

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

John, you need to stop playing so many video games and clean your house.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Don't let one malcontent's opinion sway you, do your own research. Speaking as someone who plays games on several platforms I think the Switch is an incredible console. The freedom of portability makes it the perfect compliment to any other system.

Playing Mario Kart, Zelda, and so on no matter where you are is worth the price of entry alone. I have a Xbox, Tier1 PC, and also play some cell phone games from time to time for reference.

cardpire and Drexlerfan22 like this.
  11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Not so fast now.

If numbers impress you, I've got over 500 physical games on my wall. PSP, PS1-4, XB, X360, XB1, GC, Wii, WiiU, Switch, 3DS. Even some Japanese imports, and of course some PC game boxes from before I started buying them all through Steam like everyone else.

Switch is legit. It's never gonna be the place for multiplats; that's what PS4 & XB1 are for. But it doesn't need all the multiplats to make it worthwhile. The best version of Mario Kart ever, Golf Story, Zelda, Snipperclips are already there. The new Mario game is about to be, as is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (my biggest reason for buying a Switch). All that stuff would justify the Switch to me already, and I've got no doubts there will be a lot more where that came from.

Like seclusion said, check out what the system has to offer for yourself and then decide. You can find nay-sayers and ya-sayers for any console, but what you think is all that really matters to you...

cardpire likes this.
  12. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Notice the picture below? It invalidates everything he said about the Switch.

That is, unless you already played Zelda: BOTW or also have the WiiU.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

^ That's some nice video game p*rn right there.

@RocketsTruth

You a youtube gamer or something? How the hell do you find the time to play all that shiz, or feel comfortable dropping all that cash into it, I have a PS4/Xbox One S, keep about 15 games at a time (sell/delete the old ones), and I feel like I spend way too much cash, and time playing trying to play all that I have.

14. Nigel Thornberry

Exactly

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I agree. This is a fun little game for what it is.
    My wife who loathes video games has conceded and started playing Mario Kart with us. The switch is perfect for her. Stuff we can play together with the kids and no one rage quits. Will probably get the new Mario for a Christmas present.
    The portability right now is a huge plus for us. Being displaced there is limited tv access so being able to play without the tv has been great. I'm ctually thinking of picking up Stardew Valley tonight. Another game to occupy some of my free time.

seclusion likes this.
  16. AvocadosToast

AvocadosToast Member

The switch is pretty cool, I guess. Splatoon 2 is an awful game though.

17. MystikArkitect

Lol wut.

Splatoon is amazing.

18. AvocadosToast

AvocadosToast Member

Yeah yeah everyone says that. Then I realized painting people in a video game is kinda stupid. Different gun options I know... to each their own.

19. MystikArkitect

Well you paint the level and kill the people so they can’t paint the level. It’s so refreshing vs CoD and it’s plethora of clones.

20. AvocadosToast

AvocadosToast Member

No avocado paint so it sucks. Idk maybe I'm the only person on the planet that thinks it's stupid as ****.