1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I was born in March just to get this for my birthday 31 years later.

Drexlerfan22 likes this.
  2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I bet Adrian Peterson gets one of these for his kids.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

commercial missed the opportunity to make a bdsm joke on the switch name especially with the girl with the betty page haircut.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

This is a brilliant idea...if 2k makes games for this console without any graphic limitations this is a must buy for me. Im just imagining packing this to my friends houses easily and playing

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

6. Frodo

Frodo Contributing Member

Haven't owned any Nintendo consoles but this looks really good.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

looks better than I pictured when I heard about the controller.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There will be limitations. It's not going to be as good as on the other consoles.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

:D +1

I'm so psyched for this. I hope they stop supporting the 3DS in (relatively) short order, to unify their mobile and console markets onto one box. I've been wishing for Monster Hunter to return to the big screen for years, and now I feel like it's inevitable. Finally!

I'm also looking forward to picking up one of the corpses of the Vita when it's in the bargain bin after being killed off by the Switch. :p

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The Nintendo Carpel Tunnel

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right!. My right thumb is prone to getting jammed. I'm convinced this is due to early growth years of NES.

The portability is definitively interesting. I get frustrated with the Wii U gamepad because it won't even reach into the next room. But having that on a plane ride would be nice.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, Nintendo always does this. "look guys! We have 3rd party support!" then it falls apart after the first year or 2... There's actually a Wii U reveal video showing the same thing with games that never got released on the system.

Unfortunately other than first party games, 3rd party devs aren't going to want to try to keep up. Nintendo would have had an easier time keeping 3rd party support if the system (say in dock mode had specs similar to ps4/xbox or better). The good news is... if this sells as well as the 3ds maybe more 3rd party will stick around, but the games will definitely have to be different versions, from the leaked dev specs it's basically an nvidia shield 2.

I think if this flops it might get one step closer to Nintendo putting games on other systems.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yes! They should stick to software.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Very cool concept. Not sure this offers much if mobile gaming is not a big deal or non-factor (like myself). Then you are left with a console that is relatively less powerful and you may be left out of playing some blockbuster games. Nonetheless I applaud them, this is still a great 'next-step' in gaming.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is essentially the NVidia Shield tablet with minor tweaks. That being said, it's not bad hardware at all...just not going to be on par with the PS4 and XBone.

I am thinking this is a great bet/risk by Nintendo because the developing mobile games is much easier than for actual home consoles. Even if this system can only handle a fluffed up version of NBA2k17 for the iPhone I would still buy it just for the portability factor alone.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Literally nothing in that ad for the Switch would ever happen to 99.9% of the owners of it.

AntiSonic likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is true.

No one is going to boot up a game of NBA 2K under a bridge right after playing basketball with friends.

No one is going to bring a video game to a dinner party on top of a building.

I can see the airplane scenario happening.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so they are 33% right.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I like the part where the dude is supposed to be paying attention to his dog at the park and boots up Skyrim. Lol, it'd be even better if it showed him playing the pets/dog game on there (whatever it was called). Good luck meeting anyone with your dog... Or better yet watching your dog while your face is in the screen. I guess it's a start since he's outside...

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Looks like Nintendo if finally done pretending to be competitive in the home console market. They've been the other console for almost 2 decades now.

This could work, it's outside the box. I personally have zero interest since the only mobile gaming I do is throwaway time killers, but this could play really well with that ever growing casual gamer market.