1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gamescom 2013 (More PS4/XBO, oh and other stuff)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Aug 18, 2013.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I just remain skeptical that it would really make a difference that I'd really care about. If it is that big of a deal, it can work as an add-on, and be made standard on the next console (like rumble). But it hasn't really caught on (IMO), and not sure it will. Some cool stuff, but not sure it works with the types of popular games out right now. I'd rather designers focus on innovating in other ways. Instead of adding ways to lean by moving your head, maybe just quit making FPS games with corridors and boring missions objectives. Etc.

As is, MS has yet to sell me on the idea that Kinect is worth it (even though it is really cool), and so I'd rather have a cheaper system without it.

Seems like a PS4 game now, ala FFXV.

They are VERY similar, now that MS has made some changes. Can't really go wrong with either, and if you can afford both, you'd have some great gaming (and media stuff too).

I haven't played it yet. But it has been on my radar for a LONG time. I think I preordered it a LONG time ago, back when it was an Ignition game I think (before the major delay). Glad to hear it ended up being pretty good. I'll try to get around to playing it soon.

Yeah, admittedly it has been a bit quiet from the AAA Sony studios. There aren't really a lot of interesting AAA PS4/XBO games in general though IMO. Titanfall looks nice, though I'm going to be "that guy" who is sick of FPS right now (all of the PS4/XBO FPS games look pretty boring to me). Something like Rime interests me a lot more. That's me personally though...I know lots of people are really excited about Titanfall (and for good reason).

If there is one thing that Sony has handled poorly about the PS4, it is the lack of major support from their big developers. Part of this is because they were all working on PS3 games (Last of Us, GT6, GoW:A, Puppeteer, Beyond, etc.). Good for PS3, but not good for getting people excited about PS4. They're relying heavily on 3rd parties and indies. I like the indie approach (especially since some are PS exclusive since Sony is funding them IIRC), but they are definitely not the AAA games people will want with their shiny new console.

I think they should have shown another look at The Order maybe (seems they did behind closed doors). Or maybe another game from one of their devs, though I don't know how far along they are. Maybe they're just deciding to focus entirely on indies right now, and get them all on-board with PS4 (well..PlayStation in general I guess).

edit: Star Citizen > all PS4/XBO games IMO. :)

#41 RC Cola, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

^

Well, I'm sure Sony figured they were going to sell out of their pre orders REGARDLESS if they showed uncharted 4 or not. People would have bought the PS4 even if the console just game with multi-plat games. So I think Sony is holding some of their cards in place and will announce more things at the beginning of next year, once the hype for these multi-plat games like gta, cod, bf, etc die down.

3. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Drex, I purchased & installed the game yesterday. So far, it's been fun although I've only played 1.5 levels. Thanks again for the recommendation :)

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Sweet, no prob! What class are you starting out as? I'm playing 4 characters but focusing most on the Elf.

Also, heads-up on sort of a quasi-glitch regarding skills that can be advantageous later:
    You get a limited number of skill re-spec potions you can earn per character (I think it's two or three). There's a Common Skill called "Deep Pockets." It gives you extra inventory slots. The interesting thing you need to know about this skill is that when you re-spec, DEEP POCKETS DOES NOT RESET.
    There are two reasons this is important:
    1. Certain classes need Deep Pockets far more than others. If you're one of the casters it's basically required to max it out. For others, most of all the Fighter, you don't necessarily want to max it. So be very sure you want to put points in it before you do so.
    2. There's a way this can be beneficial. You'll occasionally run into skill category requirements (you must put X points in this skill category before putting more points in skill Y). So you could get Deep Pockets to level 2 or 3 before a re-spec, then the points spent on Deep Pockets still count towards Common Skill pre-reqs... even though if you did it from scratch, it's impossible to get Deep Pockets to that level without spending points elsewhere in Common Skills first. Since many Common Skills are pretty lame, this can be extremely valuable in creating your ideal character build.

5. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Starting off as the Elf ... from what I hear, a lot of folks start off with her. I think I would've started off as the Sorceress chick if she wasn't so distracting (she seems pretty ditzy too).

So from what I gather from the re-spec stuff is that you can't reallocate an assigned skill point, unless you have a re-spec potion. Anyways, I'll try to keep your tip in mind, so thanks for the tip!

6. A00man

A00man Member

Killzone: Shadow Fall multi-player. GG says the final multi-player should be 60 fps.

Speechless... Any FPS fans owe it to themselves to see this in action. :eek:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1xdpSw8aaEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can imagine how the single player will look since it'll be locked at 30 fps.

And this is just the multi-player of a launch title... Diminishing returns my ass. PS4 showing it's worth!

7. A00man

A00man Member

8. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Wrong. They said they're targeting 60 fps, not that it should be 60 fps.

And I'm buying a PS4, but that gameplay honestly doesn't impress me aside from the visuals. It looks a lot like Blacklight Retribution ( a f2p game on pc / ps4) . The guns also sound pretty awful, no recoil on the guns (although they're still balancing) .

So I must ask, what about that gameplay looks impressive aside from the visuals? The gameplay seemed pretty dull.

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

so playstation online gaming costs money right? how much is that?

also how is the online experience on playstation? i havent had a playstation since PS2, which that online experience was awful. xbox blew it out of the water. has playstation caught up? i don't nessecarly mean online gameplay, as much as the experience, like how xbox live is. real easy to see when friends are online/communicate and such?

it looks like PS4 is cheaper than xbox one...also i've been wanting to try mlb the show for years, but i find myself playing video games in general very slim these days. then again xbox 360 came out hell almost what 9-10 yrs ago? might go ahead and splurge and get a PS4 just to have something to play during downtime at nights/weekends

#49 FlyerFanatic, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  10. cdain3

cdain3 Member

11. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Dude....Its a fps. What do you expect?

About the recoil.

[​IMG]

12. A00man

A00man Member

The Killzone Warzone game type has been fun in the past, and so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Killzone 2 also had a great single player campaign with one of the most challenging final bosses of the PS3/X360 era. With that pedigree, the visuals are enough for me to get excited.

I'm also primarily a single player gamer. The single player in games always looks better than the multi-player, and so I'm excited to see how the most recent build of that will look if the multi-player looks like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]