1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gameplay Trailer for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 24, 2011.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

2. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Awwwwesome, will buy

Also, that version of the ES theme is badass. You could have a video of a dog taking a **** to that song and it'd still be epic

3. percicles

percicles Member

With DA2, Mass Effect 2, and this coming out on PS3, my free time is all allocated.

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Member

Yeah, the game looks nice... but what I'm really waiting for is when they make the next Fallout game with this engine. That will be amazing.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

With this and a possible 2011 release of diablo 3, definitely need to upgrade the computer. Hopefully this will be like morrowind's system but oblivion's combat.

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Sounds like the role of "Big name actor doing game voice" will be played by Max von Sydow. I'm cool with that.

Looks a lot better than Oblivion, but I'm going to take a wait and see on it until I get a chance at a demo or something to see how it plays. At least it's not coming out until November. Still got to finish Infinite Undiscovery and New Vegas, and I've got DA2 in a week and a half. Gives me a chance to save up for Skyrim and ME3. Yes I'm poor don't judge me.

7. runamok

runamok Member

The gameplay looks awsome! I read somewhere that viewing this game is as though your buying a new console. Alot of real human lives are going underground when this game comes out.....thansk for the update

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

WIN.

Looks like maybe they finally managed to make a movement a bit more natural-looking, as opposed to your character seeming to float everywhere.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Definitely on my must-by list. Hopefully it's not buggy. I usually wait for reviews now to see how crappy a hyped-up game is, and that's saved me, but I may be stupid and just buy this when it comes out.

*stares at his new processor and case still waiting for a motherboard thanks to Intel...* :(

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

There goes about 2 months of my life.

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

I love their games, but this is Bethesda we're talking about.

They put up a countdown site for this trailer, and it was buggy (I was so happy to see the countdown at <60 minutes...only to find out it was a day too early). Unfortunately, Skyrim will probably be too. Hopefully just not too bad.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. You're right. That's exactly why I said it. With Blizzard, I really don't worry much. Even if they have bugs, they're not huge. With Bethesda, your computer may catch fire with their bugs.

13. FullMetal Sage

Yes, that will be incredible. And SkyRim can't come soon enough. This year is beastly in terms of great games!

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No doubt there will be some early bugs. I love the Elder Scroll games. I still have to get Fallout New Vegas though because I was waiting on the bugs to be patched.

The game looks really cool, and I'm always excited to play their games.

15. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I pity anyone stuck playing this on a console. You won't get the true experience.

16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

I play console more than anything myself, but yeah... Bethesda games scream to be played on PC.

Community mods never fail to elevate these games to a new level within 6 months.

17. Zboy

Zboy Member

I hope it doesnt have the world leveling system. I will be disappointed if it does.

18. chonox

chonox Member

Haven't played the previous Elder Scroll games before but am very intrigued by this trailer, for those who have played the previous editions will I be losing out on much back-story?

Just wondering if its worth giving the original series a play through first.

19. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

They are about as loosely connected as it gets. Hell, you could load an elder scrolls title midway through the game and you'd still be able to get right in there.

Unless this game changes the formula, the main quest storyline is secondary to exploration and questing.

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Member

I think it does, although it isn't quite the same as the one used in Oblivion. I think it is based more on the Fallout 3 system, which was better. I'd prefer not having one, but I think this is one thing they won't drop.

(Of course, I'll probably end up playing a modded version of Skyrim, so I'm not particularly worried).