1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

LOL! Refresh rate? This isn't the 90s dude.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=Er4w6xKOVF8&start=172&end=176&cid=1978248"></param><embed src="http://swf.tubechop.com/tubechop.swf?vurl=Er4w6xKOVF8&start=172&end=176&cid=1978248" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

All consumer-grade laptops, even the $300 ones have decent enough monitors to game on when you are on a budget. Will it be like playing on a 240hz LED TV? No, but it doesn't really matter because his system isn't top of the line anyway. He has a medium grade system, so his graphical experience will be about mid-range.

They sell the 15z with 3d Chipsets. I assure you, he can play games on the screen without any major issues.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I've used multiple laptops running i7's with similar onboard, and it's been awful. If you're used to that, then that's fine. I've been playing CS:GO with a 120hz monitor for a couple years now, and I would say most pro players have a monitor with at least that if not 240hz. The differences are distinctly noticeable between 60hz / 75hz / 120hz / 240hz and so on. (to me, and I would say a lot of other people)

Playing an RTS or something like League of legends is fine, but playing a FPS with fast moving characters on a laptop to me is unplayable (unless you're dropping 2k+ on a gamer-centric laptop, and I find even some of those to be questionable in monitor quality). Another example is when I was competing in MLG all of the Halo/CoD players would use VGA cables on higher refresh rate monitors rather than TVs.

Like I said, for some people that works -- for me it's unplayable. If it works for you or anyone else that's great. I was offering my opinion simply to be helpful.

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

PC / Xbox One beta sign ups :

titanfall.com/beta

(if the url takes you straight to their website instead, look on the bottom of the page for the beta tab)

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

i just hope the fame is fun. thats aLL IM WENAT

6. Svpernaut

Beta trailer -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LfmEACxub28?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And for those that don't know, the beta will feature three game modes and two maps.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h-Te7qOd5Go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm so excited...I better get in the beta.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BgTyF3MsLV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q2tFcSMj36w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, just wow. That's all I've got.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The gameplay looks very intense...Im also hoping I have enough coordination to navigate properly, as it seems like that's going to be a big advantage to doing well.

Cant wait to play!

10. Svpernaut

It is pretty intense, and very fast-paced but It isn't too difficult to get the hang of.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the thing that first sold me on this game was the ability to double jump / wall run / mantle. I'm sure most people who play shooters are truly tired of the typical strafe left and right (and maybe crouch or prone) gameplay that the genre has fallen into. I know it's not the first game to include several of these, but it's the sum of the parts.

Side note: I just downloaded some huge direct feed gameplay videos; it's not the best looking game but the youtube videos don't do it justice at all. keep in mind these are xbox one videos, so the final product should look quite good on pc.

#111 seclusion, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  12. Svpernaut

And all of the haters from earlier in the thread (and the Xbox One thread) vanish into the sunset.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I signed up for the xbone beta, even though I'm awful at shooters on consoles. Figure its about time I make the jump.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Its definitely refreshing to have movements other than strafing. The only FPS games Ive played are CODs and BFs, so this will be a whole new experience for me...looking forward to it even though I'll probably be playing with two left thumbs at the beginning.

15. Svpernaut

I have BF4 on Xbox One and PC. When I get tired of sucking on Xbox One, I rape face on PC.

With that said, I can't wait for the XIM3. http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=3819.msg374148#msg374148

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You'll be fine. It'll be an adjustment period for everyone. :)

17. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Intel HD4000 is optimal? LULWUT. Even the desktop A10-7500K's GPU is NOT optimal for any serious gaming.

18. Svpernaut

It is written in the Source Engine, so an HD4000 can handle it. Not at high settings, but it can and will work decent enough. The Surface Pro 1 has an Intel 4000, and I've played countless games on it at medium-low settings at 720p.

19. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I had it on my x230 and it barely was playable with League of Legends on medium-low @ 1366x768. I'm talking sub-60FPS when minions spawned. Slow-down clusterfuk in group battles.

Maybe I've been too spoiled by my 120hz monitor these past two years playing LoL on my desktop.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Don't lie, refresh rate means nothing.
    I mean this isn't the 80s d00d.