1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Great write up...I agree completely.

The game is much more in depth and challenging than it may appear. There is definitely a learning curve as far as maneuvering efficiently, using cloak/stim at the proper times, distinguishing pilots from AI, managing/operating your Titan, etc...

I also like that there are no killstreaks since that pretty much results in little to no camping. It's a very high paced game. I agree that the lack of weapons is the only real issue, but that still hasnt kept me from wanting to play every time I have a chance.

The next Titanfall will be amazing. As an XBoner...I do hope that it goes to PS4 as well, so they can enjoy it too. This will be the end of COD...

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It'll definitely be on PS4. No question.
    What I do wonder about though; will they still be using Azure/Xbox Live servers? How hilarious would that be?

"Can't play Titanfall today on my PS4. Xbox Live is down..."

3. rezdawg

That would be hilarious...Im down for that.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Reposting since it got bumped back: TF (all platforms) is $37 on Amazon.

5. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Yep I just picked one up for the 360. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

6. rezdawg

Give it at least 15 hours of play time before coming to a conclusion. I sucked monkey balls at first...and even though Im just average right now, it's a ton more fun than sucking.

7. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Thanks for the tip. I've been playing FIFA 14 nonstop recently. I sucked at the beginning and was about to throw the game out after being so frustrated. Now that I got the hang of it I can easily say it's the best game I've ever played.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

NBA2K was like that for me. It's really difficult to just pick up. I came to a point where I just said "screw this, I am way too into basketball to suck at this game." I played like crazy, and while I don't think I'm amazing I certainly beat all my friends and family now. (Good enough for me)

9. Indaface

Indaface Member

I love FIFA and usually spend 80% of my gaming time playing it, but it's the only game that can give me fits of anger from time to time...it's definitely a love/hate relationship (but a fantastic game).

Haven't been able to play much Titanfall since the update...is the quad Rocket worth using now with the extra damage/shot?

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I started using it again the other night (I typically whored the 40mm), a good shot will instakill a pilot. Definitely seems like it does more damage versus titans now too. With that said I haven't gotten the upgrade that makes them fire straight yet. I think they made it not suck properly.

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

I determine the viability of each Titan weapon based on performance in Last Titan Standing because everybody starts the match with a Titan so there is no unfair advantage to the guy who earns his Titan first or uses a Burn Card to start the match with one. I'm Generation 4, level 35 now which means I've been forced to use a few weapons that I would not ordinarily touch in order to regenerate such as the Plasma Rifle and presently the Quad Rocket.

I was a Chaingun user all the way, but I've discovered that the Quad Rocket is an amazing weapon if you take the time to learn how to use it. Never (ads) aim down your sights when using it in its factory configuration becasue it makes the missiles swirl and travel at a terribly slow speed which is not good if your trying to hit a moving Titan. Extended mags and hipfire exclusively and you'll be surprised how much pain you can inflict on a Titan. (A quick tip for anybody struggling to win Titan fights: Some guys like to use the primary and then use the ordinance as they reload. I like to use my ordinance to take down the shield and then my primary to doom them, but either way works. I also prefer my first shot to be the ordinance because it will recharge and I have a higher liklihood of being able to use it at least twice in a battle than if I wait to use it at reload. As with any tip, do what best works for you, but I've been more successful using this strategy.)

Quad Rocket with extended mags gives you I think 5 shots of 4 missiles and I like it a lot, BUT, once you doom 20 Titans you unlock the rapid fire! Rapid fire turns the Quad Rocket into a single fire weapon that shoots 1 missile at a time which doesn't seem appealing at all until you discover that it is now a fully automatic rocket launcher. So much PAIN! I didn't know it was fully automatic until yesterday and I must tell you, many Titans and Pilots lost their lives yesterday evening. I highly recommend you try it out yourself. I was a Chaingun and 40mm Cannon user before, but now I'll be a Chaingun and Quad Rocket abuser. 40mm Cannon and Triple Threat are good weapons too though. At the end of the day, it all depends on your personal preference, play style, and skill level with each of those. I'd really like to put some extended time in with the Triple Threat and see what I can do with it if I fully commit to it match after match. I haven't had to use it to regenerate yet so I've used it sporadically with decent success, but I've seen lots of people do great with it.

#831 vator, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

My wife and I have been playing pretty heavily. This is the game that got her started on Xbox One.

We are at Generation 2 Level 46. Where you guys at?

13. vator

Mentioned in the LONG post above, but I know some won't read my dribble.

Generation 4 Level 35

Working off of memory here. I think I have to doom 50 Titans with Quad Rocket, 150 kills with Longbow Sniper, 200 Quad Rocket kills, 50 Pilot Kills with Longbow, 50 Pilot Kills with auto pistol, and doom 50 Titans with Charge Rifle. Still working on the Charge Rifle and pistol challenges. Charge Rifle is going to be the toughest. That thing takes FOREVER to charge up lol. Then you better not miss because you have to go through the whole process all over again.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We should probably be farther along but we pretty much just play consistently with the same package. Smart Pistol, Auto Pistol, Satchel. Our titan has the cannon and the rockets.

15. vator

You're going to have to check your challenges to see what you need to do in order to regenerate to 3 if you're planning to. I'm pretty sure Smart Pistol and auto pistol aren't the weapons you need to use. I think the shotgun is what you need. You will love it. That thing is amazing up close. Much better than the Smart Pistol in my opinion when you're up against a pilot. I think you're ok with the 40mm, but I can't remember. You have to have 75 pilot kills and 200 total enemy kills with the shotgun and 50 Titans and 200 enemies total with the 40mm. I think...

#835 vator, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  16. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

Generation 2 level 4 with a bullet!

17. vator

Omg! 30 critical hits with a charge rifle is going to be harder than I thought. It doesn't matter if you doom the Titan. You have to hit it directly on the red/pink glowing zone after the shield is taken down in order to get credited with a critical hit. It's easier to actually doom the Titans. I have 8/30 so far. Some like this charge rifle, but I doubt I'll be using anymore after this challenge is completed.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's basically a ****ty version of the Spartan Laser from Halo. :)

19. vator

The amped one that you get from the burn cards is actually good though. Significantly reduces charge time so you're not just standing around like a fool charging up your shots and getting blown away. Too bad I don't have any of those.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I didn't know it reduced charge time, thanks. I think I have one of those cards lying around.