1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Can you even read? Here, I'll bold it for you.

I said it reminded me of Tribes, I didn't say it was a direct ripoff. The movement you have is very fluid like tribes because you can bounce off of walls and other objects. You don't simply use WASD to run forward, back and strafe.

Again, you're making an assumption on a game you've never even played. As I said, these players are moving slow because they don't know the mechanics.

The game play in this trailer...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/caiIamHIzBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is easily as fast as Unreal Tournament game play - especially when they are moving forward and strafing with the jet packs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/osJbZEvrSXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And Battlefield 2142 was a MUCH slower game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ceWMBMMoB2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I haven't forgotten anything, and between the two of us only one of us has actually played the game. So you're basically talking out of your ass.

From the get-go, I said the game play REMINDED ME of those games. I didn't say the game play was exactly like those games. They've taken all of the best elements from some of the best action FPS games of all time and made their own vision - and that is what makes this game so great.

It is amazing that nearly every person who has ever played this game raves about it - yet people who haven't call it a hype machine, or nothing special, or some other bull****. You seriously don't have anything better to do than bash a game you've never played, and it is hilarious.

Either way, I'm done arguing with you because it doesn't make sense. It is like someone claiming a Ferrari sucks when they haven't even seen one in person, much less driven one.

#61 Svpernaut, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Who did you play for in cs? What team?

3. Andrew Wiggins

Where'd you find that price and how do you like the Xbox so far? I can make the switch, but I hate the idea of paying more for less hardware. The controller and the software (not games) look good. What do you think of them? I don't care for Titanfall (same with Halo, just doesn't appeal to me) after seeing the video.

I noticed you seem to hate 2k more and more each year, and while I kind of agree with that it could also be because you're getting older and video games aren't as fun as they used to be. That's what I was thinking when you said you didn't like the PS4.

So I guess my question for later would be is the Xbox worth switching to without Titanfall.

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

I got the Xbox One for $450 from craigslist (brand new , factory sealed) . I haven't played it yet because I don't have any games for it yet, and my PS4 is currently occupying the space that I will be putting the Xbox One (I am returning the PS4 soon, not sure how soon, but definitely before the January 31 deadline).

And I hated the fact that Microsoft made you pay for kinect. I was gonna wait until February / early March to buy an Xbox One because there were rumors of a $399 Xbox One without kinect. But, Microsoft has said they don't plan on selling an Xbox One without kinect. Then I thought about it, and if they did sell a $399 Xbox One without kinect, it would cost me nearly $440 with tax - so essentially, I only paid $10 for a kinect if they do come out with a different SKU.

As for you making the switch - only do so if you are interested in the Xbox One exclusives more. The hardware difference won't mean much for multi plat games to be honest, at least not yet. Personally though, I feel like PS4 will have better exclusives in the long run, but for now, I prefer the announced Xbox One exclusives.

And I don't hate 2K14, nor am I bored of it because of my age. I'm almost 20, so definitely not because I am too old. I like 2K, but I am tired of their BS. Their servers are absolute crap, and have been crap for as long as I can remember. I would be playing it more if they didn't infest the game with micro-transactions, and if online wasn't a laggy mess.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Since I have been playing the Alpha, This is NOT BF 2142. The game has a lot of COD: MW 2 in its DNA. Blend COD: MW 2, Robotech, and Halo. I can see where he may get the UT/Tribes feel from.

6. Andrew Wiggins

Thanks for the update. I will look into the exclusives. Let me know how you like the controller and software compared to the PS4.

7. Svpernaut

FYI - Killer Instinct is free to play, give it a download!

In before people tell you it sucks, even though they haven't played it.

Oh, I agree... it certainly has a lot of MW2 in it, which isn't a bad thing considering that was the best CoD multiplayer ever. I think people will notice little nuggets that remind them about many games from the entire shooter genre when playing.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I completely disagree with you. MW1 had the best multiplayer, it was all downhill after that. Admittedly I was addicted to MW2 for a few months after it came out, but MW1 was an instant love affair. MW3 on the other hand, got old almost instantly. I asked this earlier, but didn't get a response -- what CS team did you play for?

9. Svpernaut

I was in various different pick-up teams. Me and all my friends went to LAN parties like Gib-O-Rama all the time (monthly in Pearland), and then would meet people there who would tell us about even more... my buddy even threw a 500 person LAN party at Hal-PC. Did tournaments at Quakecon, etc. My favorite game was Counter-Strike, but I was best at Quake 3 Rocket Arena... won a few medals and prizes. From about 1998-2001, if it was a weekend - I was at a LAN somewhere.

Damn, I still remember lugging around a 22" CRT monitor that weighed about 200lbs in the front seat of my Mustang. Those were the days.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah I remember having to carry those things around (one of the worst things ever about playing video games competitively), I played for a couple teams that won the 2 CPL Halo PC events (this was around 03/04), and I traveled around for some Counter-strike Source tournaments also. Sweet, did you play as Groux? The name sounds familiar. I had a couple teammates that played Quake heavily (and were in Qcon tournies) -- Gryp 519, and TRT Kron, I imagine you probably don't know either of them though. You've probably heard of my friend carnage though, he was playing for complexity awhile back dunno if he is now.

11. Svpernaut

I was in to drafting back then, so my monitor was like a $2,000 drafting monitor which I thought was the baddest mofo (because that's how you judged people back then). Come to find out years later it had terrible refresh rates, and was the worst thing to use for gaming - ha.

I went through handles often back then, I was young and dumb. I'll try to find some screenshots to find all my various names. I've used Groux, Svpernaut, Svperstarr, Bullet.Tooth.Tony and others. Damn, I'm getting old... I can't remember them all. I was a huge Marilyn Manson fan at the time, so I'd change my name to something stupid from one of his songs or albums. Not my proudest moment. I was one of the first people on steam (6 digit ID), and switched to Groux (my last name) then for good in 2003. EDIT: I think I remember now, I went by THE_FRAGILE after the NIN album came out in 1999.

Kron sounds really, really familiar. We had one dude that always came to LAN parties and just completely destroyed everyone... can't remember his name for the life of me, but it started with a V and had an X in it (EDIT: Found it, his name was Toxy). He and/or his team literally won nearly every time. I remember my team beat his one time in a Quake 3 CTF tournament, so I thought I was hot **** for a few months. That's the time I ended up winning one of the door prizes too, a p*rn DVD called "The Luckiest Black Man in the World," I kid you not.

EDIT: HAHA! I found some pictures from the GIB-O-RAMAs.

http://www.bradberryman.com/GOR_0600.htm - I'm in the first pic in the back, right. Black shirt by the door.
    http://www.bradberryman.com/GOR_0400.htm

I'm in there somewhere, and one of my friends is in the picture with all of the prize winners.

#71 Svpernaut, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Roflllllll good times. Yeah, I didn't started going to tournaments until there wasn't much of a scene in Houston. Really unfortunate too, because in general there's a lot of very strong gamers here, and Texas as a whole. Yeah I have a low 6 digit on steam as well, I could have signed up sooner but at the time I was playing Halo and didn't care. Oops! I'll shoot you an add, I play CS:GO off and on still though I haven't played it competitively in about a season or so.

13. Svpernaut

More Alpha gameplay - with some player discussion. Watch it before it is gone. Good stuff.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x19x14l" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

MW1 was revolutionary, but I'd have to go with MW2 as the most fun...just felt faster and more fluid, imo.

I can still go back and play MW2 and have fun with it...but playing MW1 is pretty boring at this point.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

16. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Is it true its 6 vs 6 with A.I. bots players? Pretty lame if so on a next gen console. What gives?

17. Christopher

Christopher Member

It's true. A weird decision.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

titanfall just looks like a game, were the top players are going to dominate and the average to noob players are going to be slaughted

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I think I know why. Playing it, if you 12 Titans per team on a map at any given time, you would need MUCH bigger maps. More like Battlefield series maps. The problem with that is that most of the time you will be playing as your Pilot on "foot" (and jetpack). There goal is to make more of a COD-type game than a Battlefield game.

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

Yeah, I've watched a few gameplay vids / live streams, and the game seems fine being just 6 v 6. Looks like non-stop action, especially when more players get their titans out.

How are you liking the game by the way? Think it is going to be a system seller?