1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

So, I think Im getting a little bit better...my k/d is still not great or anything, but I just want to get myself to being an average player rather than a completely crappy player.

Ive been playing attrition recently...I think in my last 10 games or so, my K/D is around 1.5 and I average probably about 60+ attrition points per game (and hit 80+ three times in that span). Anyone know what a decent score is in attrition? I have no basis for comparison, other than my nephew who gets like 15 points per game because his hands are too small to even hold the controller properly.

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

and thats where you're wrong with my post being similar to yours. I genuinely enjoy the game. Also kid, you don't know what hypocrite means.

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Well, I finally decided to get the game on PC since my bro and good buddy were telling me to play it and that it was fun. I've watched them play and have played it a few times now. Given I've only played one game mode as far as I can tell (like domination/conquest), the game more or less is run around, kill dudes, wait for robot, get in robot. Rinse and repeat. Now, I'll continue to play since I know the game starts to change as you unlock more and more stuff.

I'm not a big fan of the CPU controlled players honestly. Why'd they do that?

But right off the bat, it doesn't give me that, "I gotta get home to play" feeling. I still enjoy BF4 actually.

5. Andrew Wiggins

Whatever helps you sleep tonight.

6. Andrew Wiggins

And way to read way too much into a picture.

You took it to mean something, but it doesn't. It was my way of signing off.

7. joesr

joesr Member

DH12 on facebook posted a video on Titanfall, saying it reminds him of himself, not sure if that means he plays it but thought it was cool

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

BF4 guy here. Will I like this? Will my PS4 controller work with the game? I don't know **** about PC games but I have a low-high-end gaming PC.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just don't get how every game I'm in...there are these dominant players who have tons of pilot/titan kills and hardly any deaths at all. Are their advantages they have superior connections or are they just that good at the game? I'm wondering if some people are not cheating using lag switches or something. I guess there are people out there...this is all they do all day long and are that good.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If you're into battlefield, it's hard to say. This game is a lot faster; battlefield is a slow game in my opinion. Your PS4 controller will work on PC, but you may have to do download a file or two to get it to work properly.

Honestly? They're probably just better. There are a lot of people who play non-stop and naturally they'll be a bit better just due to experience. There are also people who exploit certain load outs; like abusing amped EVA is very easy.

We had a game the other day where the entire other team was using the perk that let's you shoot while sprinting. Combine that with amped CAR smgs, and they're basically unkillable. Especially if you're using a silenced weapon and it takes that extra shot to kill someone.

There's a very large skill gap in the game right now, but there are also some things that need to be tuned/removed.

#770 seclusion, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If there are people that are unkillable, most likely that is a cheat - while there are some folks that get uber skilled, in a balanced game they should never be more than 30-40% better than an average player - otherwise your gameplay or netcode is nerfed, IMO.

DD

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The lag is absolutely killing me. I've barely played in 2 wks because of server issues. Everytime I do connect its always slow in getting me in the game. There are so many times where I'll go up to someone ready to kill them and it goes "Reconnecting to server" and I die. My connection bars are at full strength too so its pissing me off greatly.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'd say the uber skilled people in Counter-strike or League of Legends/DOTA are a lot more than 30-40% better than an average player. Is there something wrong with the gameplay or netcode there?

Is there something wrong with the netcode or gameplay when Lebron drops bombs on everyone in real life?

I think your correlation between game balance and player skill is a bit off. When someone is dominant at a game, it doesn't mean the game is screwed up.
    Obviously there are balance issues in Titanfall for example, but I don't think the skill gap is the issue.

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

Farewell Titanfall / Xbox One. Changed my mind and switched back to PS4 way earlier than i expected.

Thought about it, and the game honestly doesn't even have much more content than the beta. Fun game, but lacks depth. Hopefully Titanfall 2 will be much better.

15. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

swissssssssss

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That has never happened to me.

17. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

My sentiments exactly.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL...that's why you don't buy a system for ONE game. Are you going to keep going back and forth, depending on which system releases an exclusive you like? That could get expensive. Either buy one or buy both.....lol.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm not going to say I told you so, but...okay yeah actually I am. I said that was a stupid thing to do from the jump.

20. joesr

joesr Member

Cant say I have experience lag either but I have blamed lagged when I played bad if I was with friends, "damn lag!".

That Houston Comcast, while sucking with channel distribution knows how to make a gamer happy with internet.