1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GAME] TITANFALL - Respawn Entertainment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Ahh, understood. Makes a tad more sense now. I played SWTOR and liked it a lot, it just didn't have end game content to keep people around. Nearly every MMO since WoW has failed to hit that end-game "it factor."

Titanfall is in alpha now, so more gamers will be coming out with their opinions on it over the coming days and weeks. I'm confident in my "hyping" it.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Still not a good comparison...you're comparing a game predicated on grinding and thousands of people being online at once to a 6v6 fps. Not even apples and oranges, more like apples and grenades. Completely different subjects.

To your point about it seeming like it's missing something, wait until you play it.

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Did anyone here get an email from EA with an Alpha code that they don't plan on using? It ends on Sunday, so if you won't have time to play by then, I'd take it off your hands....:cool:

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

When do u get an XB1?

5. Svpernaut

I'm not sure you receive an email, I believe it is tied to your Xbox Live account, which is tied to your Origin account.

6. Svpernaut

Closed Alpha Footage...

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x19vjqc" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x19v9ni" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

Yesterday. Brand new for $450. About $100 off from retail (including tax) . Was a great deal. Gotta get ready to pack up my PS4 to ship it back out to Amazon for a refund.

No, the Alpha Code is sent to your email - not tied to the XBL account.

So yeah, if anyone has a code that they can't use, I'd appreciate it.

8. YaosDirtyStache

Its tied to your origin account which is tied to your email which is linked to your gamertag.

Good luck trying to link a GT not linked to the email.

9. Swishh

Swishh Member

You're wrong dude. The email simply gives you a one-time use code that gives you access to the Alpha. Anybody with an Xbox One can redeem it and play.

10. YaosDirtyStache

Okay, well I am in the beta CURRENTLY playing it. And I can tell you right now that the only way you got ACCEPTED into the beta was for you to link your ORIGIN account to the unique token they applied to the email link. But I really dont give a damn what YOU think, as I am actually in it playing so I know how it works.

Enjoy begging for a code, im over here titanfalling while you weep.

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

Asking for a beta code = begging, okay, gotcha.

But you're just too arrogant to understand that you're wrong. I know you needed an Origin account linked to you xbl account to get accepted into the beta. However, anybody with an xbox one can redeem a code if they were given one.

Dirty Stache.

12. YaosDirtyStache

ok guy.

13. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

So basically if Battlefield 2142 were made by CoD developers?

14. Svpernaut

With Mech Warrior, Tribes and Unreal Tournament thrown in for good measure.

15. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

I don't think you've played Tribes nor Unreal Tournament.

16. Svpernaut

I don't think you've played Titanfall.

17. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

From the footage and videos I've seen, no, they're nothing like UT or Tribes. You're the one making the comparison, not me.

18. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

And from your response, I'm gonna assume what I've implied to be true.

19. Svpernaut

Footage... gotcha. So basically you're talking about something you've never played. I've actually played it, several times. But sure, you know better than me.

The movement and combat is a lot like Tribes, with you having the ability to leap over buildings, through windows and even hover at times. You aren't limited by the confines of a jump. Tribes was the first, and the best to bring that aspect of game play to a shooter.

The combat is also extremely fast paced with tons of twitch movement. The players in these videos are playing for the first time, and it shows. They don't know how to maximize their speed - which is no different than players taking time to get used to the pace of other shooters.

When I played it, the play style immediately reminded me of a blend of Quake 3 Rocket Arena (just as fast as Unreal Tournament) and Tribes. I played Mech Warrior 3, Tribes, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament and Counterstrike religiously in my early twenties (late 90s), traveling all over Texas for competitive LAN parties. I know how they play.

20. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

But have you played Tribes or UT? Because you seem to be avoiding the question.

The movement is nothing like Tribes. Tribe uses skiing mechanics and with the usage of the map to gain speed and not LEAP, but literally FLY over buildings and even the entire map if you gained enough speed. The only thing this game has similar with Tribes is the jetpacks.

So CoD? Because that's all the CoD really is to begin with.

This does not have the pace of UT, Quake 3 Arena, nor Tribes. This is faster than CoD or BF for sure, but nothing like those older arena games. The only games I consider close to those are Nexiuz (Yes, I owned that game on Steam) and Rise of the Triad.

Obviously, you've forgotten, because this game has nowhere near the speed or skill those games took. This is basically BF 2142 by CoD developers with some jetpacks and some Brink parkour thrown in. It seems the recent FPS releases on console have made us think this +2 speed (I think Tribes: Ascend is slow for crying out loud with the Pathfinder) increase in gameplay is fast and forgotten how fast some of our older games were.