1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game Three]

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 24, 2005.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yep, if there was ever a time to PH for willy with palmeiro that was it.

whatever extra money we're making from the attendance of these WS games (40000+ x $100+/ticket = $$$) needs to be spent on getting a SS who can hit. **** his extra defense. defense doesn't win championship. pitching and/or hitting does. having a whole the size of a mack truck at the end of our lineup is killing us. i'd replace ausmus but all the pitchers love him and do extremely well so his defensive benefit actually makes up for his offense (and he's better at hitting than everett anyway).

2. PhiSlammaJamma

We made it to paid programming. I'm watching babes bouncing on mini trampolines. Semi entertaining. They call it urban rebounding. You bounce and burn.

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Spoken like a true fan :rolleyes: I am proud of this team...they could have laid down and died plenty of times this series, but they've fought back everytime...yes only to come up short. As frustrating as that is, that's just the way this series has gone. The team has run into a club that is on an even better roll than us. No matter what we do they have an answer. Posednick? Blum? C'mon now. And look at the runs we've scored the last 2 games... 6 and 5...normally that would be more than good enough for the win. But our normally dominant and consistent pitching staff which shut down a better offensive club in the Cardinals hasn't been able to do the same to this pesky bunch. Couple that w/ some calls that haven't gone our way (both by the umps and the freakin commissoner). But I will not give up...this team's been on the brink before and they've come back... this s**t ain't over till it's over.

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Was that game really played at home?

I could have sworn we just lost in fricken' Chicago when I saw ******* frost coming out of peoples mouths, long sleeves on players, jackets on fans, and babies trembling in the cold.

maybe our good 'ol buddy bud selig will let the astros play at home tomorrow for the first time

if so, Backe will get us back in this thing!

but that damn roof better be closed tomorrow

5. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

astros ****ing blew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

trade wesley!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

6. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

I know it's late and mind is not as sharp as earlier but.... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

it was never meant to be

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

For these guys to have overly over-achieved and to have gotten this far and to have just withered away the way they have...it's just so demoralizing. They were really, really beaten up from that Cardinals series.

Now I know why St. Louis couldn't win a game last year: it took everything to get through the NLCS. Same thing for Houston. I guess the bright spot is the young guys have shown they can perform at the big league level, just a little too underdeveloped at this point.

Sad thing is with how difficult it is to find superb pitching (they got this far almost solely by 3 future HOFers), no more Clemens and what might be Pettitte's last year with Houston, regardless of how good the offense could be for years to come, this might be it for another 10-15 years. :(

I don't want to feel that it's over, but...it's over. I'll be cheering, but it's like they're trapped in the darkest corner imaginable. If Backe stinks it up early tonight, I expect to see Clemens for what probably is the last time ever.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TMAC knew it was over when Oswalt left!

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Dude, Im no fairweather here. I love this team and Im proud they got this far. That does not take away from the fact that when it counts, in this series, we have choked like Ron Jeremy's girlfriend. We should have won every game but because of our lack of clutch play, we are down 0-3.

11. sm0d

sm0d Contributing Member

"where have you gone pete munro."

pete munro > zeke astacio.

:p

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

yeah.. but their team doesn't have a chance at the superbowl. :)

14. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

I'd say our basketball team doesn't have much chance at the superbowl either ;)

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And why criticize Garner...guy has made some gutsy calls all postseason...some haven't worked, but the majority have. Whatever his reasoning for keeping Willy in there I support. We had 2 chances there...all we needed was contact. With Willy even a hit in the infield could have scored a run, since he could easily beat out a double play w/ his speed. And Ensberg should have done something too. He probably didn't put on the squeeze cause the fielders were playing in, which essentially takes away that option (you can't put on an effective squeeze if you don't have some element of surprise). I'm supporting this team until they're done...and whenever that happens, whether its a title or not, I will praise them for the fight and resolve they showed all season. They've fought hard all season long and all postseason, and should hold their heads high. And if I sound too optimistic and upbeat for some of you...screw it... these are still my boys...

GO 'STROS... OUR WS STARTS TOMORROW!

16. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

True, but they have a shot at the playoffs. They are currently tied for 1st in their sorry @ss division.

17. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

The only bowl that our team qualifies for is the toilet bowl.

18. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Steve Francis may disagree with that. :D

19. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

is this andy p's last year in his contract ? I hope not :(

20. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

1 hit in the last 10 innings. An .033 batting average over 10 innings won't win many games.