1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game Three]

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

World Series Edition:

All game talk goes in here. Please do not give play by play. If you need play by play go to CBS, ESPN, or Yahoo.

Tuesday 10-25 @ 7:05 p.m.
    Probable Pitchers:
    Jon Garland vs. Roy Oswalt

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I feel in my heart that the Astros are going to whup some ass Tuesday.

Roy pitches 8 shutout innings. Lidge gets them 1-2-3 for the save. Astros win 4-0.

3. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Roy O delivers pain to the Sox. This will be an Astros win. I predict 7-4 with Lidge getting the ball in the 9th. 7-6 Astros when it's all set and done.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Roy's the man. Astros win.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

If Roy wins, all the pressure is back on Chicago. It can change so fast. Because they know, as do we, if Backe wins, they are in trouble facing Clemens, Pettitte, Oswalt. But Roy or Backe has to win at least one game to put the pressure on.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Roy will come through...

Astros 6

Sox 3

7. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Roy-O will handle them.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Chicago has been luckier than hell in my opinion. We could have easily been 2-0. I think our luck turns around with Roy. If not or if Chicago gets lucky some more, then fate may be trying to tell us something. It sucks to put it all on Roy now but that's how it goes. We need him to get us back in this thing. I want to see Chicago go down in strikeout f-ing flames and I want to see Lidge close it out by striking out the side.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Astros come home and win. The crowd will be loud and we will win the next 2 to tie the series. Any news on the Rocket? They said last night he had a cortisone shot after game one.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is where it all gets turned around. The Astros don't do anything easy.

Regular Season: Start off 15-30 before making historic run to clinching the Wild Card on the final day of the season.
    NLDS: 18 inning marathon after falling behind 6-1.
    NLCS: One strike away from their first ever World Series before giving up a hit, walk and walk-off HR to Pujols.
    World Series: Fall behind 0-2 on the road.

My prediction? Roy Oswalt will finally be mentioned as one of the best, if not the best, pitchers in all of baseball after next Sunday's dominant performance in game 7.

11. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

What I don't understand is how Roger can be ready to pitch in the World Series on minute.. and can't walk the next? Is pitching "that" bad on the legs?

12. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Do or die, Roy O will the the DestROYer. I hope.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he was fine until he had to run over and cover first...he aggravated his hammy doing that.

14. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Yes, because a power pitcher like Clemens uses his legs to drive.

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Funny thing is, if Roy could physically pitch all 7 games, I think he'd be more than happy to do it.

16. msn

msn Member

That, and when the lower back hurts one has a tedency to correct with the legs--a recipe for more pain. Then add the stiffness brought on by cold weather and 43 years of age, and there you have it.

Roger's lower back has been killing him all season. It amazes me what he's been able to do.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

sigh... :(

Oswalt wins this one easily. 8 1/3 innings pitched, 1 run.

Stros win the series in 7 games.

18. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

ROY OOOoOooOoH!!

Astros 5-1

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We sweep from here on out. Roy pitches game 3 and 6. 'Stros 2005 WS Champs!

20. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Roy turns in a dominating performance, and the media gets back on the bandwagon.

I mentioned this in the Game 2 thread -- all we need to do is win all of Andy and Roy's remaining starts and EITHER Game 4 or 5 AT HOME. Then we'll be the champs.

And that doesn't even take into account the possibility of us stealing Games 4 and 5 ...

I love the matchups now. We have a huge home field advantage at MMP, and it's even bigger in this series because they lose a bat out of their lineup with pitchers having to hit. With all due respect to Bagwell, that hurts them WAY more than it hurts us.

I was frustrated last night, but I'm over it now. This is nothing like the Pujols HR -- there's still tons of baseball left to be played. The Stros' rise from the dead again the next 3 days...