1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game Thread: Rio Grande Valley Vipers @ Idaho Stampede 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

FYI: Tonight is supposed to be the regular season professional basketball debut for C.J. McCollum, the #10 overall pick of the 2013 NBA Draft by the Portland Trailblazers.

McCollum is expected to only play around 18 mpg tonight and tomorrow (both games against the Vipers) before being called up by the Blazers if everything goes well. He is coming off a fractured foot injury suffered back in early October.

I, for one, am curious to see how McCollum does. He'll surely be very rusty, but I have been a fan of his for the past couple of years since his junior year at Lehigh. I really wanted the Rockets to try to draft him, but he didn't fall nearly far enough for Houston to make a legit offer while still maximizing salary cap flexibility.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

36 points, 14 rebounds, 5 steals and 2 blocks from Robert Covington. Pretty impressive. Unfortunately he was just 2-12 from three, but was 11-15 inside the arc.

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I haven't watched the vipers since cannan got called up, has anyone been watching them and can give a summary since the call up?

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

How'd CJ do? I doubt he cracks the Blazers' rotation at this point, regardless.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I didn't know BJ Young was back in the valley.