1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game Thread: Austin Toros @ Rio Grande Valley Vipers 4/6/2013

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch, what happens to White after this game? Isn't this the Vipers finale. Will White report back to Houston and be on Rockets bench. Will he be part of the playoff roster (unlikely I assume). I'm concerned he could he tamper with the team's current chemistry.

3. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Not giving the team enough credit, and are already assuming White would be a cancer in the locker room. They said they weren't distracted by it and were hoping for the best, no reason to think otherwise,they simply don't know nor understand what's going on. I'd assume they'd want to meet him and get to know him a little better before passing judgement.

Worst case scenario, White keeps to himself and doesn't really develop a bond with the team, although I highly doubt that given the very positive and caring nature of our top guys all the way down to the 12th man, they'd probably accept him, especially Garcia Parsons & Lin.

But I guess we wouldn't want that either, White "deserves" to be miserable for the rest of his life right?

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Talent is usually always worth the risk. And despite all of the off the court issues and negative attention Royce has brought the team, things can always turn out for the best.

I think Royce will get called up and we will see him getting some action and maybe the last few games of the season, especially if he has a good game tonight. McHale can't be completely sold on D-Mo, Robinson, and TJ for heavy playoff minutes because I'm sure he's worried that starting Smith at the 4 (although it seems it's the best option) is dangerous if Smith gets in foul trouble because he's also the best backup for Asik. But different story if either TJ, D-Mo, and or Robinson start putting together a string of good games though.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Hilarious, watch the timeout with 6:49 left in the first. The play by play team is still mic'ed during the break. Discussing whether CDR was a starter, they announced him as one but he was not. The announcer says " Doesn't matter, nobody knows the difference anyway" Priceless.

6. GIGO

GIGO Member

I'm a bit confused. Don't they still have the D-League play-off games to play?

1 person likes this.
  7. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

One thing white does is he plays physical down low...