1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Rocksmith 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 21, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're playing on PC right? Make sure your volume in the drivers is maxed out. Also when you play bends how many fingers are you using on the one string? Usually doesn't work with only one, you have to have about 3 fingers to pull the bend correctly. Congratulations on the guitar, I'm glad you like it! I was just about to play when I read this.

#61 seclusion, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Yeah. What he said. I had the same problem and it turned out my input volume was too low.

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I purchased a $2k electric guitar about ten years ago and never played it. I purchased a $2k electric piano a few years ago and still haven't played that either, lol. I just set up the piano a few weeks ago, but haven't touched it yet. Had to fly back out to work a couple of days later and had a ton of other things I needed to finish before leaving town.

I purchased a couple of cd's/books and really couldn't get into it (guitar). Now that there's a game that teaches you how to play, I'm very intrigued. Do you guys recommend this game for people who want to learn the guitar (beginners)? Hopefully they'll make a version of this game for the piano.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm actually playing on xbox 360.

For the bends, I was using one, then switched to three and still couldn't get it. For the slides, I just couldn't get it to register, either.

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I just picked up this game. I'm going through it a little, but it's not really clear where to start for optimal education. I didn't read the directions tho, so maybe they clarify in there. Is it good to go through all the lessons and then songs? Or go through some games? Any suggestions?

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It is absolutely for beginners; I was in a similar position in that I had bought a guitar but was never able to learn how to play. This will definitely help you.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

However you want to do it. There is no clear path to learning to play guitar, it is a many year long journey. For example some days I immediately play the guitarcade games, which are amazing by the way (pro tip: sort them by difficulty!). Sometimes when I need a refresher or I'm not sure how a technique works I'll go through the lessons. Other times I do nothing but play songs. The lessons and guitarcade games probably won't be a bad start. Don't be afraid to just play songs though, it will automatically adjust the difficulty level as you play.

#67 seclusion, Dec 28, 2013
  8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It sounds like a volume issue, but I'm not sure for 360. Check out the support forums on the Rocksmith website, they have very good FAQs. One trick on bends is to make sure you strum at the exact same time as the bend (I don't believe this is your problem, but this will help in the future).

#68 seclusion, Dec 28, 2013
  9. chow_yun_fat

Thanks, going to order this when it comes back in stock at Amazon. Btw, all I need is Rocksmith 2014 with cable and my guitar, that's it? Do I need to plug the guitar in a amp or will it go off my computer speakers? The reason I ask is because I might bring my guitar with me to my work city next time I go back to my home in Houston.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Should just need the cable and the guitar. That's all I use for 360.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

do you need to purchase the cable separately? is it available at gamestop?

i've been playing around with tabs for a couple of years, but i'm not making much progress. i feel the structure in the game would help me progress in my abilities.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The game comes with the cable unless you buy a digital version. There are also no cable included versions, but it should be very obvious it comes with it (the box is about 2 times bigger for one).

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Like Eddie said, you really just need your guitar and a system to play on (PC, Xbox, Ps3). It comes with the cable.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

thanks i'll be picking up myself a copy soon

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're welcome! Let me know what you think.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I did a few more lessons today like double steps, vibrato, double finger picking, legato. This is the stuff I've been really excited to learn. The amount of different sounds you can make just from trying different things is so crazy. Also my fingers are sore, and I love it. I unlocked this achievement last night: "0.25% of the 10,000 Hour Rule" (Play Learn a Song for 25 hours).

Side note: it's more than that if you include the original Rocksmith, but that's besides the point.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I had the first rock smith and eventually stopped playing because the interface was brutally slow. This year Santa brought my son a bass guitar and a copy of the new rock smith. We've already played a few songs together. He's 11 and not good yet but he's getting better every song. I still suck but it's cool being able to jam with the boy.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah it's a vast improvement over the first. Glad you like it.

19. chow_yun_fat

Picked it up at GS, because I don't know if this $49 is a price drop or sale. Looking online for a cheap guitar. Don't want other people that want to play this game mess with my good guitar. :)

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Wedding Website Designs

Any fellow clutchfans do any or know of anyone who does cool work for wedding websites?

I was hoping to do something other than the traditional templates everyone does on those wedding sites.

Thanks!