1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game plan change? (Bynum)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by megastahr, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Coach

The security blanket we all have is that Morey is one of the sharper GM's in the league. He will NOT deal for Howard before the team doctors go over his medical records, and he has a sit down discussion with Howard and his agent. There may have to be a contractual statement required like "If Howard wants to change teams at the end of the 2012 - 2013 the Rockets organization will expedite to the best of their ability a sign and trade to the team of Howard's choice. The Rockets will accept a trade for 70% of Howard's value as determined by an impartial panel of mutually agreed upon experts". Might be a first in the NBA, but it would be one way to mollify Howard.

Anyway, the one thing I have learned is that you cannot change peoples opinions, especially if you are rude. I try never to be rude, unless someone is just trying to an ***hole.

Best to you and everyone.

1 person likes this.
  2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

seriously why are you on here... I dont see how mods dont just auto ban people like you...this forum is designed to generate discussion...just because you are miserable and have a miserable life doesn't meant you have to vomit out your useless comments on the rest of the world. Bottle it up brother.

let me know if I need to yellow book you a psychologist.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why are terrible posters like you still on here? LEAVE! You make the GARM terrible and unreadable! You wonder why the old-timers don't hang around the GARM, people like you with your terrible threads!

Don't worry, I'm out. I'm gone.

#63 J.R., Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

What I don't get is why the Magic didn't trade dwight either b4 the draft or right b4 the Lopez signing. Those were the times when they had the most leverage. It will never be as high as it was then

5. daytripper

daytripper Member

I have a feeling the only way the Rockets will get involved at this point is as a facilitator where Bynum comes to Houston and Dwight to LA. Of course ORL wants a Carmelo type return but Hou would be getting Bynum and his creaky knees.. not Dwight.

At this point I believe the Rockets would be best served to play the young kids which would put them in a great spot for a top 5 draft pick. Even IF Bynum's knees hold up and he resigns in Hou I'm afraid he only keeps the team on the treadmill of mediocrity with no chance at a high lottery pick unless they get lucky with Toronto's pick. Giving up assets to acquire Bynum still puts them several tiers below the Lakers w/ Dwight and OKC. I have no confidence in Bynum as a franchise player than can lead a team to a championship.

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

about time ...get a life ... geez

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because Hennigan had been on the job for 4 days? Because the new FO had not even talked with Howard yet?

8. psingh34

psingh34 Member

but if howard decided to sign with the lakers next year then they will not have room for bynum (Assuming he is not traded)

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They'll still be in the luxury tax even if they don't sign Bynum. They'd only be able to offer Howard the TP MLE which is like $4 million dollars a year.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think what the OP percieves as a change of attitude is rather an indication that the Magic have entered 'siege mode' to try to get Dwight to soften his stance on Houston or other locations in order to maxamize return.

At this point, I'll be suprised if the situation is resolved before the start of preseason.

And I think that means this BBS will be like virtual Syria for the next few months. I shudder to think how chippy everybody will get around here if I am correct.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

An acute observation!

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

WTF do you mean by that Ottomaton?? :mad:

;)

13. Sanity2disChaos

This is some indication that he maybe traded .....since Orlando is in love with him....doesn't make sense not to sign your top pick yet...

He may be good as gone ..

14. gah

gah Member

You are a clown!
    You're not even a Rocket's fan!

15. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Lamb is signed ..

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA
    Rockets announce that Jeremy Lamb has signed his rookie deal, too. Earliest he can be traded is now officially Aug. 26.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Then it's a perfect example of why second rate teams stay second rate.

17. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member