1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Three

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, Jul 13, 2012.

1. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I have to say, it kinda boggles my mind that anyone could possibly think that it was a real possibility that Theon wouldn't eventually have a storyline after being tortured. In the books it isn't at all obvious, but in the show it is -- because they spend ten episodes showing him get tortured! Why in bloody hell would they waste valuable screen time on that if he was just going to die at the end? There is NO WAY he was going to die after they'd invested that much time showing his torture. Period. Otherwise it could've been one short torture scene and then his father being sent that little package he got in episode 10 (actually, that really would have been better all-around, the torture scenes were BS). So if you hadn't figured that out, well... you're really dense.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Ok, I'm a show watcher. Bought the first book and read like two chapters. And that was after season one.

With that said, some of the other book readers need to eff of with all the eff'n crying. No one spoilered anything on this page. And if you'd stop clicking on this thread just to come in and play police, and actually READ, you'd know that.

Entirely, too sensitive. You should be strapped down in a chair, gagged, and forced to listen to someone reading the CliffNotes of A Song of Ice and Fire.

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It may be obvious that he lives (because GRRM never builds up a character and then kills them) but it isn't obvious that he'll still be a prisoner of Ramsey. It's not that tough to use the spoiler tag so why not just use it anytime you discuss anything that hasn't happened on the show yet.

4. conquistador#11

can we speculate what we want to happen in the show in this thread?

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He stated nothing that wasn't already common sense.

As someone already pointed it out, if you thought they would spend this much time on Theon's story line only to completely take it away next season you are dull.

The spoiler part had it not already happened would have been if Theon's fate/torture weren't already stated in the show.

Ramsey clearly says: "I WON'T KILL YOU I HAVE BIGGER PLANS."

So the fact that Theon thinks about his torture is something you guys are trying to turn into something by reading into too much.

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

pretty much this AP.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sure, but it's hard for both book readers and non-book readers. The book readers want to speculate on the show but already know some of what's going to happen. But the series is not complete yet so they are still speculating in a way.

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Sorry if anyone thought what I posted was a spoiler. I guess knowing he "survives" past this season could be seen as a spoiler, but really that just seemed so obvious just based on the show I didn't consider it one. It's not my intention to imply or confirm/deny what Theon might do in the future in any way. Lots of events from future books have been moved around time line wise so they happen earlier or later than they do in the books, primarily so the actors have something to do. Like Jaime wasn't really even in book 2, but they moved his escape with Brienne up to season 2 from book 3 so the actor would have something to do. And other events they changed completely.

Theon disappears for several books without readers knowing exactly what he is up to, but time line wise his chapters pick up close to the events of next season where he recalls torture that happened during the events of this season, and that is what I was referencing. So basicly I spoiled that he will make an appearance again next season. Anyway I will try to be more careful in the future.

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You didn't do anything wrong no need to apologize.

That'll teach them.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. The Real Shady

Some good history on the Starks in this one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c7yeYWax7EE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. VanityHalfBlack

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JBjz0zeMasY?hl=en_US&start=100"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JBjz0zeMasY?hl=en_US&start=100"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

13. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Game of Thrones is becoming a medieval soap opera. I get tired of anything to do with Bran, Jon Snow, Theon, and Daenerys.

14. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

WOW, finish book 3 and it answered a lot of questions.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It IS a medieval soap opera. You either go with it or you don't.

I actually thought Bran became interesting in the last episodes. Until that point, whenever he showed up, I wanted the three-eyed raven to peck my eyes out.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Wow that's pretty much all the spoilers hypothesized by the readers. Definitely watch at your own risk.

17. The Real Shady

Yeah she mentions at the beginning of the video there are hypothesized spoilers at the end so I didn't bother with the spoiler tag. And they are just theories anyway.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yes but not just that, the stuff about the sister too. I don't remember if this or the other thread was the one asking book readers to keep out so I'll spoiler tag.
    All the stuff in and leading up to Robert's rebellion I was expecting to be big reveals in the show, but I might be wrong. Specifically the tourney, kidnapping, and the tower of joy, since there's only one living survivor left in Howland Reed.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know this is technically a Season 4 thing, but apparently they've cast Oberyn "Red Viper" Martell.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/28/thrones-red-viper-oberyn/

The most anticipated new role coming to the fourth season of Game of Thrones has been filled.

Prince Oberyn Martell will be played by Chilean actor Pedro Pascal, who has previously had arcs on CBS’ The Good Wife, ABC’s Red Widow and USA’s Graceland.

For those who haven’t read the books, here’s a spoiler-free description of the character: Oberyn is a brash, charming, cunning prince of Dorne (part of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros). His sister Elia was brutally murdered by the Lannister knight Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane when Mad King Aerys was overthrown by Robert Baratheon and the Lannisters. In season four, Oberyn comes to King’s Landing with revenge on his mind.

Also: Nearly every Thrones character has a nickname and Oberyn has one of the coolest: The Red Viper.

“This was a tough one,” say showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss about the casting. “The Red Viper is sexy and charming, yet believably dangerous; intensely likable, yet driven by hate. The boys love him, the girls love him, and he loves them all back. Unless your last name is Lannister. We found a fellow who can handle the job description and make it seem effortless. He wasn’t easy to find and he won’t be easy to stop.”

HBO hasn’t yet announced its Comic-Con plans, but if you’re headed to San Diego, it’s safe to assume Thrones will have a presence this year. Game of Thrones returns in 2014.

20. val_modus

val_modus Member

Heard about the casting... Would have loved the middle eastern dude from the first 2 Resident Evils.