1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts as well. Gendry seemed pretty important since it was the reason Jon ARyn was killed, and in a round about way the reason Ned Stark died. He was instrumental in keeping Arya alive when they were on the run. He seemed like he'd be important. Now he seems forgotten.

They also seems to make a point to show that Robert's other bastards were being wiped out, and that it was a big deal that he was being saved.

2. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Regaring Euron from the book
    Original book Euron, was he going to join Dany or was he going to steal her dragons? I remember him finding a horn that would put the dragons in his command. This was what excited me about the Greyjoy story in the books and see how they would affect the storyline.
    TV Euron seems like he's beaten to the punch already by his niece and nephew.

3. thejav

thejav Member

So his name should be Jon Sands.. right?

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I think the idea is that because he had Kingsguard protecting him, he was supposed to be the next heir to the throne in succession. In other words Lyanna and Rhaegar eloped and Jon is legitimized as a true heir and Targaryean. If he was just a random b*stard the Kingsguard would have been at the Battle of the Trident where Rhaegar died.

5. Buck Turgidson

Dear god that sounds stupid as hell, I hope they leave that out of the show.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It's more complicated than that, there's a catch

It isn't confirmed, but the belief is that whoever blows the horn will die but any dragons that hear will obey the horn's master. The horn's master doesn't have to be the same person that blows the horn. Having said that, there are no instructions on how to actually become the "horn's master".

The only thing for certain is that the horn has magical properties and whoever blows it dies by being burned from inside-out.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

So I finally got GoT season 1-6. Will start season 1 ep.1 tonight. In about 2 months I should be able to get up to speed and join in on the conversation.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Try to never Google anything so as to avoid spoilers

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There was also the alleged horn that would bring down the Wall. Hopefully this does not come to fruition either.

10. Pete the Cheat

say goodbye to your social life

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you got over your fantasy ball addiction, I see

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Good night sweet prince. We will miss you. See you on the other side.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

2 months*

*2 weeks maximum

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You won't make it through the first 15 minutes without having to pause to fap. It might take you more than 2 months to get through all 6 seasons.

15. fchowd0311

LOL. I also started GOT late. I started in the middle of season 3. It was a boring few days of summer when nothing was going on. It took 3 days. One day for each season.It was glorious. I started visting fan forums and researching fan theories right after.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Could be a loose end resulting from the switch of following the book story to blazing their own trail. I.e., they featured Gendry early because the books did, but discovered later that the end game for him was going to be too complicated and they could do without. Having Gendry row off to never be seen again isn't really a critical storytelling problem. Worth a few jokes though.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Episode 9 of season 6 was one of the best, episode 10 one of the worst. Cersei on the throne, really? While the explosion was great and all, after that it slowly went to talk, talk, talk and predictable set ups for next season. I expected at least some preview of a next battle or surprise.

18. fchowd0311

Well it's an opinion but it's an opinion that isn't going to be popular seeing as s6e10 is the second highest rated episode in GOTs history.

#2898 fchowd0311, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Jon Aryn wasn't killed because of Gendry. He was killed because he discovered that the Baratheon children were not true Bartatheons and the product of incest.

Gendry is supposedly busy being a nobody in flea bottom once again, as that is what Davos told him to do. Nobody in Kings Landing knows who he is, so unless Arya goes back, he probably won't be reintroduced.

Rhaegar had an older son with his recognized wife, so why would Jon be the heir?

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

that has nothing to do with if people liked the episode. If anything it has to do with if people liked the previous episode or the season as a whole.