1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

arya? sibling he has closest bond with. her direwolf is named nymeria which is similiar to numeria a roman goddess associated with child birth & children learning to count.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

The dress is the same, only the small chain draped over the front appeared different.

It was a pretty fast transition to her coronation, let's just say that....

#2803 across110thstreet, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  4. toby

toby Member

The show really needs to spend more time on the Targarians and some history. The casual viewer really has no clue other than one of them was mad and related to Dany. There's literally zero meaningful references to their culture, history, etc. All my SO knows is the Kingslayer stuff. I'd like to see a flashback, or Christmas special episode or something.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, he was surrendering to go back to prison? :grin:

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I feel like they touched on them a decent amount but it was over 6 seasons. The second Sir Barriston told Dany that her older brother Rhaegar was not much of a fighter and was the kindest person he ever knew, I realized right there that he has some significance and what we thought was a kidnapping was not in fact a kidnapping.

In Season 1, they do have a lot of dialogue about Targaryen's between Cersei, Jorah, etc. but yeah it would be nice if they can make people understand how long they ruled.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

His heir is more likely alive than dead though.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes. Like I said when it happened, he agreed to surrender the castle because Jamie threatened to kill his child by catapulting it into the walls of Riverrun. There was no secret deal with Edmure to let him take his army north.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I think everyone wants this. GOT was commissioned by GRRM provided it stayed very close to the story line of his books. Unfortunately the Targaryen story is just bits and pieces here and there in the book. While this can be frustrating to viewers, its what makes GOT such a great series compared to Lost or TWD which ramble off into pointless directions for the sake of dragging out the series year after year. GOT could easily be 15 seasons long and never go off on pointless tangents (there is just that much material) however people would get bored of it and it would make casting a nightmare. Its beset to tell your story and finish it at the appropriate time.

10. heypartner

Yeah, I did make mention of Edmure in prison earlier, saying "poor Edmure." That led to talk about "What was the purpose of Riverrun, then" and the continued criticism of the writers for so much time spent around the siege. I remarked, well it had all those Jaime conversations (developing his state of mind) and set up a plausible celebration dinner at The Twins to lower our guard that Arya would assassinate Walder in such epic surprise, in full-circle Red Wedding fashion.

I tire of the writers suck this year talk, so was discussing with you ways Riverrun leads to something. With Brienne's quest for the Tully army, it didn't...I was wrong about an offline conversation for sure.

So Jaime completely takes off the table the offer of exile at Casterly Rock, because Edmure pissed him off...and goes full gambit that Edmure will lower the gates with threats only, regarding a wife that was a lure for Red Wedding and a child he never met that Walder probably wants alive just as much.

Poor Edmure. Such a wus :)

11. heypartner

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

People like to complain about how others seem to teleport in this show. Really they are not teleporting they just don't mention how much time has past. So in one story line several months has past and in another maybe several days.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That was too much of an investment in Riverrun if the payoff is only the assassination of Walder Frey and some vague character development for Jaime. I expect we'll see the import of it next season. Riverrun will come back into play, or Blackfish will, or something.

It's the same deal with the Hound, though people aren't complaining about that. We spent a lot of time with him mucking about with peasants so he can join Dondarian in the end. It didn't really move the greater plot this season at all. But, I assume, it puts him in the right spot to be significant next season.

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

A message I really really really wish JRMM would take to heart. Winds of Winter was supposed to have been finished several years ago, and has been 'almost done' for a couple years not. And JRMM has stated that he's not even sure if he can finish in 1 more book after that, it might be 2 (meaning it could even be three). I don't think he'll ever finish the series, which really irritates me.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So the baby (jon snow) was not the child (b*stard) of the red headed guy correct? He was his nephew and the dragon lady's , brothers' son (making snow also her nephew) this is correct?

Why did he hide him all these years? Anger his wife, subject him to being called a b*stard etc. etc.

Disclaimer I read the first 2 books or so about 10 years ago. And have watched the series but yah...

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

The Blackfish is dead (killed by his soldiers), so that isn't going to happen.

I think the Hound will fight the Mountain towards the end, and he will bring peace to himself. That has been hinted at throughout his development...he doesn't want to be 'bad', he just ended up doing bad things. He would want atonement, and makes a natural choice for killing the Mountain (as one of the very few who could).

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

To be fair, they didn't show him die. It seems like a lot of the time deaths happen off-screen you can't entirely take them as gospel. I'm not trying to say he's alive, because in this case I believe he's actually dead.

I'm just saying if he pops up again, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked.

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Those of you with iPhones, ask Siri Who is Jon Snow's father?
    :D

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because Robert and others were in favor of killing all Targaryens. So Jon would have been in danger of being murdered and possible the others in his family also.

In addition She was engaged to by married to Robert Baratheon. Ned made a promise to his sister, and wasn't going to break that promise. So yes, he'd risk making his wife made at him, and resentful of Jon in order to save Jon's life and keep his promise.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Dammit, why you gotta take my shine? :grin: