1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Agree "casual" viewers will have a harder time comprehending R+L=J... My SO was confused and in shock, she caught that the babe was Jon but didn't really know who his parents were. After I explained to her that Jon is Dany's nephew via Rhaegar, she was like noooo I want them to get married. I told her that's common stuff for Targs.

#2781 rox1, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. Nero

Nero Member

Reminded me a little bit of this, similar film-making technique also..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IlZY0DZ8HvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So I just noticed now re-watching that in the coronation scene, Qyburn is wearing the Hand of the King (er, Queen) badge. And I assume Frankengregor is now LC of the Kingsguard?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In both Bran's visions of the Tower of Joy, they mention sister and brother. In the first vision, Ned asks the great knight before the fight "Where's my sister? And looks up at the Tower. In the finale vision, Lyanna says, "I've missed you, big brother." Was your friend drunk when she said that? :grin:

Don't take this as a critique of your detective skills, as I've missed major things every season, too. Posting this as an explanation of how I intend to answer questions from my friends if they ask, without adding info to the show.

wrt the significance for Jon ... you really just need to know Lyanna is Ned's sister. And they mention that twice this season -- see above mention of both sister and brother in Bran's vision.

So, with that, we piece together that it's the son of Ned's sister. The baby is not Robert's. The "promise me Ned" points to it being the child that Ned brings back from the war -- Jon. And for it all to have major significance, the father should have King's blood.

I agree. It's not as clear the father is Rhaegar as it is clear the mother is Ned's sister. But in Bran's first vision, when Ned talks to Ser Arthur Dayne before fighting him he says

Ned: "I didn't see you on the battle field. The Mad King is dead, and Rhaegar is beneath the ground. Why weren't you there to protect your prince."
    Dayne: "Our prince wanted us here."
    Ned: Looking up at the Towers, says, "Where's my sister!?"

anyhoot: the entire reveal was explained in the two Bran visions this season. So, for those not wanting to spoil it for friends, just tell them to rewatch The Oathbreaker vision (s06e03) and the Finale's vision, and tell them all the clues are there. And of course, mention the Premier, if they can rewatch that.

5. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Wow. I forgot about this. Yes...it's very similar to that Star Trek scene.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

maybe the same actor with a fake longer beard?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

why is wild fire depicted as poison green?

would have thought of reddish, brownish, dark greenish

8. MystikArkitect

Show runners saying that this is going to get wrapped up in 13-15 more episodes. They're really going to have to hit fast forward to get it done in that time.

9. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Cleverly disguised "all white people look alike" post.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No 8th season?

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

By the way, did anyone else catch walder Frey saying that edmure was back in prison?

Like I said, edmure wasn't surrendering to lead his army north.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Speaking of GOT actors who look alike:

Natalie Dormer [​IMG]
    reminds me of

[​IMG]

Diana Rigg

15. MystikArkitect

Two short seasons. Not sure why but Weiss just did an interview saying that the number they always had in mind was 73-75 (episodes).

1 person likes this.
  16. thejav

thejav Member

So who is Jon gonna have to kill to create light bringer?? The red witch? Lady stone heart? Danny? Sansa?

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Probably Ghost since this show likes to kill off Direwolves

1 person likes this.
  18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

The more I have been thinking about it, and I have not rewatched, but to me it seemed that in a cold and calculated method, Cersei was getting dressed for her coronation.

Obviously losing her son was not in her plan, but what else would she have been preparing for if she knew she would not attend her own trial? Her new crown and the Hand's badge were on hand and ready.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ I'll find the comparison pics if I can, but the dresses are definitely different.

I imagine her initial outfit change was more of a stylistic choice by the show to play up the drama. It reminded me of when Sansa wore that black(?) dress at the Vale to signify her joining Littlefinger.

Also, Qyburn did not have the pin initially, but I'm fairly confident he had it in the coronation scene at the end.

As for the sept still smoking when Jaime arrives, it is understandable when you consider that an uncontrollable fire is only limited by its fuel source. A building as large as the sept would burn for a long time. The other possibility is that the smoke was from Tommen's cremation, but I find that to be less believable because that would mean Cersei being crowned simultaneously.

#2799 shastarocket, Jun 29, 2016
  20. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

#2800 rcoleman15, Jun 29, 2016