1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Little point in casting a model for a 3 minute scene where the character is bleeding to death after childbirth.

The actress is Aisling Frasciosi, by the way. I actually thought she looked a lot like Emelia Clarke from the angle they showed in the scene.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think Lyanna Stark in the books must be portrayed differently than in the show. I remember her being called beautiful but not this Helen of Troy figure that everyone is talking about. In the show is she ever talked about as the most beautiful woman of all time?

I'd be surprised if we don't get a little more flashback behind the Rhaegor and Lyanna eloping/abduction, at least to clear up what exactly it was.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

IIRC only Robert talks about her beauty like that which makes sense, he went to war for her.

4. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Yeah, and even in then, in the show if I recall correctly, he talked about what a free spirit she was. So I'm not even sure he was referring to her physical beauty.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LULZ!

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I've said before, that wasn't snow. It was ashes raining into the throne room, presumably because the dragons destroyed it. Why would she have dragons destroy her throne room. Seems they maybe got out of control. And Dany looks defeated in the scene, which should be a celebratory scene of taking her throne. I explained that last week in a post.

My new idea is possibly Bran can warg a dragon.

But I'll also add that Dany doesn't have visions like a Bran and a fortune telling witch. So those visions might just be confusion created by the mind control of the warlocks, who were trying to imprison her in the Temple of the Undying, and will mean nothing more than that -- visions to distract and confuse.

#2727 heypartner, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  8. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

No you are right. I thought the same thing, actors looked way too similar haha.

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Wow this was amazing! Thanks

10. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Brooooooooo pls pay attention!!!

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

^ had to rep that, lmao

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

I guess they needed someone with rounder features closer to Maisie Williams instead of the high cheekboned girl from the books

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Where are you getting the ash premise from?

I think it's obviously snow. "Winter is coming."

LINK

14. heypartner

^^^

Because the vision looks like ashes not snow. And the throne room looks like Harenhall destroyed by dragons.

How would you explain why the throne room is destroyed like Harenhall?

But who knows. Maybe the white walkers reach kings landing bringing the winter with them and Dany has to order the dragons to destroy them and the throne room in the process.

Again, I'm not banking on that vision meaning anything more than the warlocks trying to confuse and distract to imprison Dany. But if it is foreshadowing, imo, as I stated last week, it's foreshadowing of the dragons destroying the thing Dany wants the most

#2734 heypartner, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Y'all are both right in a sense. It is burned down by dragons like Harrenhall, but that is snow from the winter and not ash, it was mentioned in the behind the scenes. Also, she gets really close to touching the throne but couldn't at the last second. Implying that Jon / snow is the true king and it cuts to the wall in the next scene and then Jon later.

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Any theories on what Sam finds at the library to help fight the White Walkers? Does the White Walker leader have a reason to conquer or is it because he is just this icy evil looking cool dude so we auto assume he is the bad guy.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Rewatched the episode last night, really just stellar all around. I know it's a smaller scene but Liam Cunningham was spectacular in that scene when Davos confronts the Red Woman about Shireen, really heartbreaking.....

18. heypartner

He took a Valyrian steel sword with him. And Jon killed a white walker with one at Hardhome -- Longclaw

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's awesome. He's been my favorite character since his introduction.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

So any idea who all has Valyrian steel swords?

Jon Snow, Brienne, and Sam all have one. Didn't Tywin melt down the huge Stark sword into two? One of which is the one that Brienne is carrying so there's another one in the Lannister's possession.

Any others?