1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dayum... you caught me.... I fell for the fake noows....
    [​IMG]

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There you go continuing to think I'm trying to prove you wrong. I actually wanted to see a truck in the background. I did the google search in hopes of narrowing it to a scene that I could replay.

but alas, it was a BTS outtake. Someone fooled Reddit. Your mistake was honest fun, but lazy execution,,,like the GoT writers and directors now, amirite. :p

Uprising likes this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Anybody got a spare shield?

B-Bob, fba34 and heypartner like this.
  4. heypartner

5. heypartner

6. heypartner

7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Books stopped a long while ago mother of TVwriters.

At Jon's stabbing? Season 5's finale? Or before that even? Can't remember now. Serious question

justtxyank likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The books end on Jon's murder cliffhanger.

fba34 likes this.
  9. val_modus

val_modus Member

It varies based on character POV. Some material ended in various parts on season 5, and some in season 6.

fba34 likes this.
  10. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

That's what I screamed at my TV!!!!

Dankstronaut likes this.
  11. heypartner

The Hound explaining Whingeing to a Book Hugger

#1531 heypartner, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    K mf G and B-Bob like this.
  12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i still keep thinking about how stupid that was...i cant let it go...grrr!

we did not really know how far they were out, but seemed like at least three or four days march from the wall. gendry would have taken at least two days to run back. ravens would have taken at least two days to get to dany. dany would have taken a couple days to get to the suicide squad. but they made it seem like it was only like 12 hours.

they did not need to be so ambiguous on the time. a simple 10 second exchange like this would have been so easy and erased any of the complaints...

the group wakes up. jorah goes up to john and says "we only had a weeks worth of food left. its been five days now...we will eventually need to do something".

iconoclastic, JeffB and B-Bob like this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

There really is no more books to "hug." Criticism of the Season 7 episodes are not really related to books at all.

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

Exactly. If anything, season 7 has been horrid in terms of dialogue and script because they have no source material to go off of, and are rushing to condense what was originally 2 more books worth of material into 13 episodes. They're doing what they can with what they don't have though.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...thrones-plot-hole_us_5999dc83e4b0a2608a6cf48c

But even if you are getting caught up in the minutia, some fans argue that the numbers check out.

Redditor says the whole concept of a raven network is already “fantastical.” (They do apparently work faster than texting and have better coverage than Verizon, so we’re with this idea so far.)

The Redditor crunched the numbers and ― using approximations for how far Gendry had to run to Eastwatch, the distance from the Wall to Dragonstone, and the speeds at which fantasy-world ravens can fly ― figured out it all could’ve theoretically taken place in 24 hours.

Gendry’s marathon: 3 hours

Super raven’s 900-mile flight to Dragonstone: 10 hours

Dany getting her **** together/arguing with Tyrion: 1 hour

Dragon-flight back to zombie island: 10 hours

You should “squint your eyes” at those numbers, Buffalo_Danger wrote, so yeah, squint away. But the point is: Maybe it’s not as ridiculous as we all thought. (You can see the full explanation here.)

Another Redditor, using approximations of the North’s frigid temperatures, says the sequence took place over five days, because that time frame would allow the ice to become thick enough to support a horde of wights.

Maybe that amount of time would also justify the Hound’s (Rory McCann) boredom, throwing rocks at wights to pass the time and causing the wights to realize the water was frozen again.

Seriously?

Well that settles it. Let's watch the episode again to winge about how much I hate it.

16. heypartner

You don't understand the term Book Hugging. See: Selective Imagination.

As for nitpicking of episodes "not really related to books at all"

"The show feels weird because it is violating the rules that the show itself (and the books) established."
    -- Carl Herrera's previous post.

One could say that statement is an example of hugging onto rules established by the books. :cool:

17. heypartner

It was my understanding that there would be no math ... during this debate.

18. fba34

If there is any hugging being done, it's definitely the mother of TVwriters to her children
    The finale better be worth her hard work. Make her proud bois.

19. fba34

Honestly, as a fan (of GoT), I'd be happy enough with a mediocre (previous GoT seasons standard of mediocrity) 2-hour finale. A repeat of last season's epic final episode would definitely redeem this season, but I'm not waiting for that.

To somewhat balance the whinging, things I liked about this season:
    • Jon offering Longclaw to Jorah, and Jorah wanting it but declined because bro felt he wasnt worthy :(
    • the citadel/Hogwarts. I liked the montage with Sam cleaning poo and the food :D
    • Arya's return to Winterfell and the exchange with the guards, and Sansa realizing it was her sister from the guards description :(
    • The shots in the snow was beautiful last episode
    • Greyworm nipples. Missandei too. Jaime butt
    • I always like scenes with Davos, Yara, Bronn
    • Jaime beating Tyrion at the war strategies. We're conditioned to think Tyrion would be the master at this before the war started
    • Dinklage's acting of Tyrion reasoning of killing their father to Jaime

I'm sure there's a few more stuff I'm forgetting but thinking about all this is making me think about the bad ones as well

FranchiseBlade and heypartner like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It won't be like the previous mediocre seasons.

It will be rushed but epic..... like a mini movie but with plot holes, illogical sequences due to a lot of editing. Better get used to it.

We get the Good with teh Badz.

FranchiseBlade likes this.