1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

She's a queen who rules through fear and authority but at the end of the day the people of Westeros and all the rational people who aid her will go in a frenzy if Jon successfully proves his claims in front of all the people in Kings Landing and she laughs off the threat, that might force her hand. What I can see happening is she pretends to care and provide her troops for help and back stab them later. She can't laugh off the threat in front of everyone. The first couple of episodes this season with Cersie shows that she still has to persuade her Lords with Anti-Dany propaganda which shows me that she doesn't have a dictator level grasp of Westeros. She still has to talk like a politician.

Jamie who is one of the most influential people in Westeros seams pretty easily persuadable at this point also.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kind of a small point, but...

Gendry's Warhammer

[​IMG]

It's got the Baratheon stag sigil on it and Gendry just has it out in the open in his shop. Not a very smart move for a Baratheon living under the nose of the Lannisters and doing business with them.

Gendry and Davos also just left the shop with the fire still going. Public safety, people!

3. Carl Herrera

In GRRM's books, there are actually more members of some of these houses. Those characters just got left out of the show because the show doesn't have time for all these characters and their side stories.

fba34 and RudyTBag like this.
  4. Nero

Nero Member

Also.. did I miss it, or is no one talking about Drogon sidling up to Jon like a puppy?

That was a pretty dang awesome scene. The dragon knows, and Dany now surely knows SOMETHING is up with Jon, she keeps asking him about the dagger-to-the-heart. I don't know why Jon is keeping that a secret. I think Jon ends up riding one of the other dragons pretty soon. Maybe?

B-Bob likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Maybe cause Jon doesnt know fully who he is except for a b*stard child to Ned Stark. Maybe because it was a dark time in his life, in which the people he trusted, stabbed him in the heart. Maybe cause there was witch magic involved to resurrect him.

Whats not being talked about is where the hell is the Red witch in all of this? Shes in Dragonstone but we havent seen her ever since Jon arrived on shore.

6. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Didn't she tell Varys she was leaving Westeros.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

Dont know.

8. Carl Herrera

Yep.

About dragons:

1. Do they really require one rider for each dragon? The three of them work pretty well with only Dany back in season 9 when they burned the slaver ship.

2. When Dany says "Dracarys," how do they know what she asks them to burn?

Dany: Dracarys.

Drogon: Wait, is that just for the Tarlys or all these other captives, too?

jeffvangundy and B-Bob like this.
  9. val_modus

val_modus Member

They've been known to be extremely intelligent, and have been known to develop close psychic-like bonds with their riders.

iconoclastic and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. donkeypunch

Still think Tyrion is a Targaryen and itll be Jon, Dany, and Tyrion rounding out the back with that little dragon.

11. Nero

Nero Member

Wait, when has anyone ever hinted that Tyrion is a Targaryen?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's mostly speculations, but on three levels.

1. Tywin kept saying you're no son of mine (maybe no entirely figuratively). Speculation abounds that he's a b*stard dwarf, from a mother who came to hate Tywin and wanted to screw someone he also hated. A Targaryen. With their incest ways, Targs are known to have kids with disabilities like dwarfs...even outside of incest births.,,right?

2. But more importantly, we know he had no problem whatsoever approaching those two chained, and hungry dragons in the catacombs. Dragons sensed he was good people/Targaryen. Tyrion said how he always loved dragons as a boy, etc.

3. There are three dragons. We need three riders.

13. MystikArkitect

"You're no son of mine."

"It didn't even have to be a big dragon, it could be little. Like me."

Aerys was apparently sweet on Mrs. Lannister. Tyrian could be his.

14. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Back in season 6, Tyrion went to visit the two chained up dragons. He said that when he was little, he dreamed of riding a dragon. The dragons were also unusually docile towards Tyrion (didn't eat him).

It could also explain why Tywin Lannister was also so cool towards Tyrion. Tywin probably knew Tyrion wasn't his.

15. donkeypunch

There are theories abound. From the dark curly hair, Tywin saying "If I could prove you werent my heir", to the touching and being with the dragons locked in the dungeon

fba34 likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I forgot why I should actually even care if anyone is a Targaryen. They never seemed to be all that great of a bunch. Jon probably doesn't care either.

17. Carl Herrera

Daenerys
    : And my father? Was there some woman he loved better than his queen?
    Barristan: Not ... not loved. Mayhaps wanted is a better word, but ... it was only kitchen gossip, the whispers of washerwomen and stableboys ...
    Daenerys: I want to know. I never knew my father. I want to know everything about him. The good and ... the rest.
    Barristan: As you command. Prince Aerys ... as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord's right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the ... the liberties your father took during the bedding.[9]

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Joanna_Lannister#cite_note-Radwd43.7B.7B.7B3.7D.7D.7D-8

fba34 likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's actually the other way around: Targaryens are about as blonde as you get, with long straight blonde hair....like Aerys. Tyrion actually had quite blonde hair in Season 1.

And in the books, Tyrion's hair was described as “so blond it seemed white”. Like, too blonde for a Lannister, he had to have some Targaryen blood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess Peter Dicklage just later got a No Too Blonde Hair clause in his contract. ... and wanted to have hair as cool as Jaime's for later seasons....which is still what I'd call blonde. Or maybe the writers later wanted to hide a possible Targaryen match from us.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1178 heypartner, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Tyrion as a Targ thing is a book-hugger theory that is probably not true and is based entirely on the line about the King getting too handsy with Tywinn's wife. The stuff you listed there is probably going to end up as simple writing mistakes on the show meant to create cool tv rather than anything about him being a Targ. I don't think there is any record of Targ's having dwarfs or other birth defects other than dragon like babies rarely (babies born with dragon scales and stuff.)

I really hope the Tyrion=Targ theory never materializes as it is dumb.

fba34, don grahamleone and heypartner like this.
  20. Nero

Nero Member

Cool, I had forgotten about that. With all the attention on Jon, the possibility that Tyrion is also of Targaryen blood had totally escaped me.