1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

No. Mances army wasn't a real army. It was pretty much everyone he gathered up north of the wall. They were not an organized nation that had the means of communication as those south of the wall.

Now from my recollection, Mances army was massive ... so I am not sure how 1600 armored cavalry managed to route them.

Euron's fleet attacking Yara's is not the hangup. It has more to do with how Euron obtained his superfleet.

2. heypartner

heypartner Member

Was that explained in the books? Because to me, there seems to be people in the North who like to trade info for money or goods. To me, I thought I remembered seeing scouts on moutain-tops providing smoke signals. Right? Did I imagine that. Also, seems they don't have to be organized to have people to warn others during Stannis' 100+ mile march, that "the British are coming."

You're just saying you didn't find that to be slop, because the books convinced you it wasn't. That's my point.

As for making the superfleet, I'm with you on that. I thought we were talking specifically about the attack, because that's what you responded to.

3. Commodore

Commodore Member

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Come on @heypartner are you really comparing Stannis marching an army through largely unpopulated regions towards an army laying siege to 1,000 ships sailing in and around the highly populated capitol and right by the island where the enemies are?

Dude come on.

#524 justtxyank, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Missandei and Grey Worm had their big moment together, It's all downhill from here. Such a shame to lose more body parts!

Rocket River likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Member

We're not talking about the same thing. You and I discussed your drawing and how Dany had to know Euron was around. I agreed. Reread our exchange.

Space Ghost and I were talking about the actual ability to sneak up upon a group of ships. I also tried to discuss that with you, too. But I don't think you responded. Euron's ability to find his stolen fleet and execute a stealth attack at night time is in no way unreasonable. You can't see his ships at night. And they make little noise. Dany not knowing he was around somewhere is a different story.

Stannis getting 1,600 armored cavalry right up on Mances ass before he can even order defensive positions was excited TV and I'm sure GRRM explained how that was possible. But I surely think it requires explanation. To me, since stealth attacks on water with sailing ships is easier,,,I didn't have much problem with Euron's ability to get that close to other ships. But as we agree, Yara should have known he was around and likely looking for her, too ... just like the Battle of Midway....we discussed this justtxyank, no?

justtxyank likes this.
  7. Duncan McDonuts

Euron is way too OP.

8. The Real Shady

My new favorite character. His trash talking is OP. lol.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Member

So Euron suddenly has this unstoppable fleet that can wipe out everything? Geez, I guess they've gotta build up Cercei as much as they can until her inevitable downfall.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They wrote themselves into a corner last season, now they are bending over backwards to unwrite it.

It would bother me more if this were the endgame, but we all know Cersei is just the warm up villain.

11. Duncan McDonuts

He's a fun character, but he's clearly hacking.

show me the money
    operation cwal
    something for nothing
    black sheep wall
    power overwhelming

Plus his navy moves at 5x the speed of his enemies.

What army can stop Euron?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Euron hunted down the fleet carrying the dornish, sunk it, took prisoners, sailed back to kings landing and then all the way around the continent to casterly rock in the same time it took greyworm fleet to just sail from
    Dragonstone to kings landing.

How many times can he sail by dragonstone without anyone knowing?

Dude is a boss.

I can't wait until next episode to see where euron fleet appears next lol.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

she will be at her highest point then Jamie will kill her

14. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Member

Or I'm hoping it'll be Arya

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

I feel like Dany could just hop on her dragon and fly north of the wall to go check out this army of the dead. Would take like one day.

#535 tallanvor, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    R0ckets03 likes this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

If Danny were smart she'd ally with euron and use his boats to get there in half the time

Rashmon likes this.
  17. MystikArkitect

I just had to flee the Ship Channel. Euron's fleet just took it over.

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

You're comparing two different situations and groups. Wildlings aren't known for their strategy and intelligence. Mance? The dude was a former Nights Watch member, an organization known for training thieves and rapists. They're mainly concerned about getting their families and things south of The Wall and safe from the White Walkers. A King and his army coming to get them would have never crossed their minds in a hundred years and getting crushed by Stannis was the plausible result. Not to mention that they had no experience whatsoever against armored cavalry and had no plate armor themselves.

And while the Black Sails writers might be right about what they say happens on their show, what they say has no bearing in the context of this scene. Yes, Euron finding Yara isn't a stretch, but him getting right up on top of her ship the way he did is a stretch. He would only have been able to get up on them if A) He had more row power B) If the winds were in his favor. He had no rowers as far as I can see, and it was stormy as **** which means the waves are chaotic and neither ships would have had their sails out unless they wanted to destroy themselves. We can also go on about how no one was aware of the largest armada in westeros being built, which would have made Dany's council think twice about sailing to Dorne.

19. itony

itony Member

can someone pm a dl link?

20. Commodore

Commodore Member

they've got to stop with the "someone standing alone is approached by someone else for a conversation" scenes

Sajan and justtxyank like this.