1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Hi guys, I am testing a new Youtube series concept about the Game of Thrones and business/negotiation lessons from each episode. Let me know what you think and how I can make it better.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Lol dragon bow. How are you gonna kill a flying dragon with that ****? Is it heat seeking? FOH with that shite.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

banana boat crew getting together wonder how this spineless super team will take the L in next week's epsode

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They need to go the U.S vs Japan WWII model. Light fire to a couple of wings of the castle every day.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I guess you didn't see The Hobbit like these GoT writers did.

Oops, was that a spoiler?

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

All good points.

A lot of good stuff and action happened but I generally just thought "meh" and "wtf".... yes let's set a siege when this whole show could be done in a few days lol.

7. heypartner

Remember, not one of her other advisors agreed with Tyrion to split the army. And Lady Olenna later warned Dany to never trust smooth-talking men,,,,"You need to be the Dragon"

To me what is really telling is how Tyrion is going to foolishly attempt to take Casterly Rock, which is a massive impenetrable rock 1600' tall, with sheer cliffs, surrounded by sea with only one bridge....and has never fallen, He's attempting that because it's a prize that his dad wouldn't agree to bequeath to him, so even today he wants to steal it from his family for egotistical reason, and to childishly wave it in Cersie's face. "Haha, I got Casterly Rock after all."

Now, this is all pretty cool to the plot though, because by incorrectly following the military advise of an alcoholic politician, as if he was as good as his dad at the military aspects of being the Hand, she is losing her Army fast. And only when she is weakened like this will Dany stop insisting Jon "bend a knee to me" and ally with him (or should we say a-lie with him.)

So, to me it's cool that Tyrion is scewing up, and makes sense, since he's following misguided notions of waging political war versus real war that Dany is meant for. She should actually execute Tyrion for this ****-up after the one in Mereen, too, where she almost died and almost lost a dragon.

Dankstronaut and tmoney1101 like this.
  8. theimpossibles1

I was thinking that too. Stationary bow carefully aimed at close range stationary target. And cercei smiles like its gonna work...dumb b****. I was thinking they should put that green explosive stuff in all the local pigs/goats etc. Seems like a much more effective defense.

9. heypartner

I agree on the siege idea not being worth splitting the army.

And she didn't even need to use the Dragons, she had so much numbers. (Dragons aren't precision weapons, so hard to predict if you can have the target just the Keep.) And like Dany's other advisors who all disagreed with Tyrion's idea of a political war,,,Dany has never cared about the rulers. She can force them into submission with her massive army, and win over to common folk later,,,,as usual...since this isn't Mereen and they aren't used to being slaves....and. Seven Sons inspired uprising is dead.

Her only problem, that Tyrion played up to her as the ultimate convincing point, is can she stop the Dothraki from claiming their rights to pillage and rape the ppl they conquer.

Tyrion pushed her two buttons: Her dragons burn innocents, and she doesn't trust the Dothraki. With that, he convinced her to let him send them to get his personal prize...Casterly Rock, that he dad refused to bequeath to him, and probably still harbors resentment around that. I think Tyrion was operating on self serving ego of the politician he is...none of the other advisors agreed....and his Dad probably wouldn't have either.

Bottom line: Again, I think it's good plot to have Tyrion screw up and weaken her, so she's more apt to listen to Jon now.

#449 heypartner, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well you wouldn't when it's flying but if it ever landed to take on foot soldiers, you might be able to get a good shot, it's not like you'd need a precision hit.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It makes sense.
    1. We have never seen all the ships of the Grayjoys. They constantly at sea not sitting in port to be counted. We don't know how many Euron recruited during his years as the greatest pirate in the world.
    2. Notice the difference between Eurons ships and Yaras? Yara is smart and brave but inexperienced. She was running her ships with the lights on at war time. Euron wasn't . Euron was coming from Kings landing to Dragonstone..... Yara was going from Dragonstone to Casterly Rock...they on the same sea I believe ...... Possible Euron spotted them in the day and waited or he simply saw their lights.

Euron is a great pirate and sea man....Yara is not tactically his equal.
    Supposedly Euron is the best pirate in the world
    He proved it

Rocket River

Dankstronaut and daywalker02 like this.
  12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They will get Casterly rock because Tyrion knows how to get in. He's a smart dude. He's not just a politician. He was instrumental in beating Stannis at the battle of the blackwater.

Air Langhi likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Varys was the best speech
    Glad he put Danys in her place
    Look bih..... I'm about the people
    And if you stop being good for them
    I will fight you too

He was on point

Rocket River

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Theon proved that he was the smartest of the Greyjoys by bailing out and saying "I'm not dying for this sh*t"

We'll see him show up next episode on the boat that Gendry is still rowing

[​IMG]

The Gendry and Theon alliance is a dark horse to win the whole thing.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I think you're trying to rationalize the actual story line way too much. My complaint is not so much about the actual scenes but the time and placement. This is not non-fiction where we can't go back and rewrite a better story line. We can. GRRM obviously favors his feminine leaders and if his goal is to sink Tyrion, then great. Just dont get sloppy with the writing and expect the audience to ignore blatant holes in the story. Take the 5 minutes to create a story of how Euron got these ships instead of trying to distract by showing a 5 minute p*rn scene. What is the wight army doing and why have they not attacked?

I will echo what others have said; The show is still great. But now the show is going off GRRM's rough outline and is butchering the beauty in details of the show. We now know we are going to have a nonsensical harpoon kill a dragon instead of something a little more clever.

16. theimpossibles1

That's what you think. I have it on good authority that the last ep of s7 ends when the bow backfires, hitting Cercei in the face while Tyrion masturbates in the background.

17. heypartner

Now, I'm having fun talking about this. I like seeing Tyrion, whether he's giving good advice or being a drunken politico.

It's not a tactical target enough to split your Army. And if she really needs it, she just sends the Dragons to burn down the Keep on top and force them to surrender. And that doubles as a Shock and Awe demonstration to Kings Landing what she's willing to do with her Dragons.

Use the Dragons, if you need CR so bad. So, here again is me thinking like Tyrion, based on him always wanting CR bequethed to him. He wants CR, but won't advise use of dragons, because he doesn't want his precious family house burned down. He's got self-serving motives to take CR without using the Dragons on the massive mountain that's never been conquered. Love Tyrion, but he screwed up out of ego to get a family trophy. And it is my prediction that his screw up resulting in weakening Dany's army is what she needs in order to listen to Jon ... who is a far superior advisor than Tyrion on matters of war at this time.

btw: Is it common knowledge in this thread how well fortified this Rock is? It's Fort Knox....literally. (well, not actually literally. But that word always has such great force.)

"Rationalize." I'm not trying to protect the integrity and creativity of the TV writers. Just critique my ideas, don't say I'm "rationalizing" as if I actually agree with you, but weaseling around your superior story logic. You book readers are exhausting sometimes. :)

I'm just making a prediction and speculating about what we are seeing, particularly the parts I'm interested in. If Tyrion's advice turns out to be a big mistake, which looks like so far, then I like the idea of Dany being weakened so she must ally with Jon...and not be stubborn and make him bend a knee, like she said she was going to do. You look at it as a bad plotline to strengthen Cersei, and I'm at the moment looking at it from Dany and Jon's perspective.

Hell, I could make another prediction. After losing much of her army at the hands of Tyrion's bad military advice, she gets furious and makes her own decision to scramble the Air Force and attack KL with the Dragons. One gets shot down and killed, and only then can Jon convince her to stop that stubborn fight and help him in the only fight that matters, and she'll win over the people doing that...and be loved like she needs so badly.

It seems like you just cringe at any story that involves Cersei getting small wins....and that preoccupies your TV viewing pleasure, to the point of almost ruining the show for you, because one character's story is not playing out like you need it to. :p

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have let Rejection enter Westeros ...... more power to you!

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can see where you're coming from. I just have zero invested in him, so the battle on the water meant very little to me personally. And then Greyjoy going back into being a Reek weakling was too expected. But I do think he'll redeem himself later. I think that episode will probably be important later, but just as setup.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think Tyrion's plan fails, all the unsullied die attacking Casterly Rock and Jon becomes the hand of the queen as a result. But we'll see, I'll see, yule c.

heypartner likes this.