1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No dude, I think pretty much all of us were envious, not grossed out. Where was she when I was a teenager?

It is a double standard of course, but can't help how you feel about certain things.

2. dragician

dragician Member

reminded me of my nasty nanny.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

bump, for people who don't want to read the spoiler thread.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I guess I should head over to the Spoiler Thread, because it'll probably mention that last scene from Episode 4 with the White Walkers.

People are calling out the producers for spoiling a big reveal from the books that haven't come out yet.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's part of their strategy and how GoT is a money machine. The book and show work together. It's genius.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

A show about gratuitous sex and violence has to tread that line somewhere.

As a dude, simulated rape doesn't bother me to the extent of complaining about it, but the criticism is appropriate as the scenes themselves are intentionally meant to make the audience disturbed and uncomfortable.

Is it really a depiction that rape is tolerated in our culture with these human actors as proxy or that it's tolerated in a savagely barbaric era filled with family members actively trying to kill each other? Art and literature generally tend to straddle perspective and the amount of voice they direct to the audience, so the debate is fair.

Then again, I'm not in the crowd that thinks video games and rap music makes little kids want to bust a cap in whitey's ass.

8. conquistador#11

that's a bunch of crap. women never complained when schillinger was raping Beecher. Unfortunately, war has always been around and rape is what savages do and in the realm of GOT there are a lot of wars and a lot of savages.

9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I hope we get some Stannis, and House Bolton scenes tonight. One episode without Dany would be cool too.

10. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I've been hoping to get some more Theon scenes, since Yara said she'll be coming to rescue him last season. Judging by the promos though, it looks like it'll be Littlefinger/Sansa-centric.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Good finally the book readers can eat a **** for always spoiling crap for people trying to just watch the show.

1 person likes this.
  12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Looking forward to enjoying the show tonight. Rockets have managed to destroy the enjoyment of this for the past couple weeks.

I'm hoping Bran and Jon are finally able to find each other. Starks can use a pick me up.

13. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'm most interested at this point in Tyrion's trial. Hope to see some stuff on that tonight.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

the book readers have been pretty good in general about not spoiling stuff. ned stark's beheading, red wedding, crimson wedding, etc... all seemed to catch the non-book readers off guard. I am not talking about the forum, but in general.

15. TheresTheDagger

I'm sorry you've been spoiled. Who here did this and what did they spoil?

16. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I was spoiled by some jackass on youtube comments of the Purple Wedding. From then on, I refuse to read any comments on Game of Thrones youtube videos. There was another one that nearly spoiled the red wedding for me, but it was too subtle for me to catch it thank god.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

NEVER read comments on Youtube or Facebook!

18. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Well at least next week looks interesting.

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe it was my TV or the glare or something, but did anyone else have an absolutely impossible time telling what was happening during the fighting scenes at the end? It was so dark they might as well have dancing together for all I could tell.

20. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Man that Craster's story really was anticlimactic. This whole episode felt like filler. It was my least favorite so far, especially after teasing Bran and Jon reuniting.