1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Four

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 5, 2013.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, they all died. And we saw them die.

Has there been a major character that has died offscreen?

It just would surprise me if a major, central to the story fan favorite character is really dead when the last time you saw him on screen he was alive.

I'd say 99 times out of 100 in television history, when a major character is left to die from wounds but you don't SEE him die ONSCREEN, they turn out to be alive.

2. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Hell, I'm still holding out hope for Syrio.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

PURELY my own speculation and assumptions: he probably died in the book (believe me, i'm 100% basing it on assumption...my stance towards spoilers is well-documented in these threads. i didn't/won't read the books). that's the only way any of these people can be so certain in their assumptions that somebody who didn't die onscreen is dead.

That said, even if that's the case, I still think that means little in this circumstance, as they can always deviate from the books. As we both agree, it doesn't make sense for them to leave any doubt whatsoever as to whether or not such a popular/integral character is alive or not.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Maybe his death was symbolic. Big strong warrior, defender and protector, lives by sword/dies by it... Alone and with no pomp and circumstance. No one even knows, or cares. A true hound. Less then a hound actually, because people miss thier dogs when they're gone.

5. Pete the Cheat

perhaps its just an allegory for the inevitability of death, and how futile our human ambition is in the context of eternity...

but that's just like my opinion man...

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

Because season 5 hasn't started yet and we're talking about season 4?

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I like it. When we're not arguing over which of the current season's threads posts should be going into we're arguing over which season's thread posts should be in.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . or arguing about what is and isn't a spoiler

Rocket River

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I Watched the leaks

Semi-spoiler
    Only the fourth episode felt like I needed to watch it in hd

Four more weeks to go...

11. dmoneybangbang

It's like a almost mid season finale! But yea.... 4 weeks is long.