1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

They sure did. Do you not remember the Freys putting Grey Wind's head on his dead body?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Reminds me off how shocking things used to be. Figured the wolves would be invincible or something. Lost my innocence.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As I was telling my wife, GRRM queried the to-be-show-producers about Jon Snow's parentage. This must have been in 2008, 2009? When they went into the R + L theory, it kind-of sealed the deal that GRRM gave them his blessing.

Not that it says R + L is correct (although I'd be stunned if it turned out to be a red herring), but if his past is so important, if "R" really is his dad...

...then he might just not barbecue when he's put to the torch so as not to become a wight.

And there's also Melissandre and the resurrection angle.

Kit Harrington and the producers talked up a lot of "he's gone" stuff, and Harrington cut his hair (his contract called for his hair to remain L'Oreal Jon-Snow-like), but I don't know.

He can't very well show up for work in August to let the whole world know it's a trick. Maybe he already filmed what few scenes he's in for NEXT season, then returns with a vengeance in Season 7.

Or maybe Lee Harvey Oswald really did kill Jon Snow.

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Uuuuu talking about R+L watch-out spoiler police coming..

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks for spoilering that Jon's parents are Ramsay+Lysa. Guys can't shut your freakin mouths.

Although I kinda expected Ramsay to be related to Jon, they have the same beautiful eyes.

1 person likes this.
  6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

R+L=J
    J+A=T
    DR = D,J,T

;)

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

RJLLLJS$%$"$%& +.+*****°°°°

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That "spoiler" is so common that only the least nerdly of fans would be "spoilered".

But, yeah, the spoiler police on here can get a little ri-donk-ulous.

The fact I had to go to to the "R+L" stuff inspired its own form of fun. :)

9. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

To be fair though, simply watching the show and doing no "research" I hardly think you would be able to come up with that theory. Most book readers, however, have heard of this at a point or another and since this being a Show Thread you'll be sacrificed to the Lord of Light.

10. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

My breh, spoiler that shi** please!! :eek::cool::p

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's not even a spoiler, it's a theory. We're out here openly talking about Jon being resurrected which has been a theory since the last book came out and we can't bring up R+L=J? The show even gave credence to it with with the Sansa/Littlefinger scene in the Stark crypts this season.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think Melisandre taking such a huge interest in Jon the moment they meet for the first time is obliviously hinting at something significant.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

She wants to get laid and use her curves?

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is a theory that most show watchers won't have any idea about unless they've been exposed to it by reading.

Granted, I'm only like 200 pages into the first book but already there are several hints at it.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Even with the so called hints in the show, anyone who claims they've come to the most popular theory on Jon's parentage without either reading the books or getting information from someone who has is a liar.

The show's hints on Jon's parentage amount to Ned telling him that he would tell him someday and then a bunch of easter egg type moments where you'd only get what is being referenced if you had the theory before hand. They've never given the single most important piece of information that launched the theory in the first place.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Clearly Jon and Ramsay are related, they had the same last name till Ramsay changed his to Bolton......duh.

17. conquistador#11

why would lady catelyn dislike jon snow so much then if that theory was true?
    considering how women suffer on this show, I would not be surprised if some king also took lady catelyn prisoner.

putting down the crack pipe now.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ned wouldn't have told her. If word got out, the baby would have been mash potatoed on the spot.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I thought the "Snow" was a sign of their gang affiliation with the North Side Snowz.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Snow is an acronym or another word for b*stard.