1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you seek human soap opera, might have well done it in 12 episodes.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think someone thought to himself .... Hey wait, Rhaegal was going to die in the NK War, but the audience might not have seen it clearly.

Let's give him a quick death next episode.

Playoff officiating!

#1202 daywalker02, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    B-Bob likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. conquistador#11

plot holes, poor battle plans and plot armour have been there since the beginning. ie Bran getting his wolf killed by winter zombies because he wouldn't hurry his arse up in the woods. Gendry rowing and never to be seen again til last season, the lady's man getting his eyes squished out because he just had to deliver a speech. There are tons more as the book only crowd has always reminded everyone on every single season thread since the start.
    Don't blame just hbo George R R Martin shares part of the blame. Instead of tweeting about the NY GIants picks, he should be writing.

My only wtf moments this season up to now have been the Dothraki charge, Theon's charge, Tyrion insisting his sister will listen and Sam deserved custody of Ghost.

6. MystikArkitect

If some characters have plot armor what does Cersei have? Plot bazookas?

Kinda feel like the show died with the Night King. I was looking forward to this season but now I’m just ready for it to end.

7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

****ing Campers!!!

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I just want to say...I enjoy the show still. It may sound like I don't but that's just me discussing the show in here with people that are watching things as closely as I am.

I just can't deny how dumb some of the stuff is. Is it dumber than other shows? No, it's better than most shows but it is supposed to be.

I'm not a book reader so this isn't me saying the source material is better (I've only read some of the book and stopped to avoid ruining the show for myself). I do think them passing the book hurt them because they didn't have the material to draw from but all I know the books are going to be just as dumb with some of the stuff they do.

arkoe, mikol13, BigM and 1 other person like this.
  9. Falcons Talon

I know there is a lot of disappointment in this season, and I am a little put off by the plot armor. Even though some things are starting to lack reason (Bye Tormund, Bye Ghost, Bye Rheagal, and that oh-so-terribly threatening small group of Unsullied posting up on King's Landing demanding Cersie's surrender), I still find myself saying "Nooooo" when the show ends and anxiously looking at the next weeks preview to see what's going to happen. I'm just glad they didn't break all this up into 12 episodes.

What can I say, I'm easy to please.

#1209 Falcons Talon, May 6, 2019
    K mf G, mikol13, BigM and 2 others like this.
  10. justtxyank

This is me.

Falcons Talon and Rocket River like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The major problem is that have kind of weakened every character's Character
    Tyrion is not overly clever at all any more
    Varys is not the unreable enigma
    Sansa is Cersei 2.0
    etc
    etc

The Death of the Dragons have been . . . .. Good and meh
    Euron and Cersei have become infinitely smarter

Dany is becoming unhinged and has cashed in almost all her brown people and two dragons for ungrateful northerners

Rocket River

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. Falcons Talon

Penultimate episode next though. Historically, GOT penultimate episode is the best episode of the season.

Will we get Clegane Bowl? Will the Valonqar step up and take out Cersei? Will Azor Ahai finally be revealed? Will Lady Stoneheart make a cameo (J/K), will there be any betrays (I'm looking at you Golden Company) and who will sit on the Iron Throne?

#1212 Falcons Talon, May 6, 2019
  13. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Euron doesn't find it odd that Tyrion knows about Cersei's pregnancy already? Didn't Euron and Cersei just do the deed not too long ago so he's gullible in thinking it's his child but I expect that part since he doesn't seem to be the brightest star in the galaxy.

MiddleMan, heypartner, arkoe and 3 others like this.
  14. Falcons Talon

The hound has really become a miserable little cunt though. FFS, grab your pelotas and go eat everyone's chicken!!!

#1214 Falcons Talon, May 6, 2019
    justtxyank likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Starbucks cup. Lol. They really don’t give a ****.

Does this story make sense?

Who cares?!? Wrap it up and move on to make more shows and collect more checks!!!

cebu and justtxyank like this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Euron is simply terrible. Every time he's involved in the show, he's able to somehow get the upper edge on his enemy and defeat him without suffering any losses. He showed up in the Iron Islands by surprise to throw his brother off a bridge and usurp the throne. He surprises the Greyjoy fleet with pinpoint artillery strikes in the fog completely taking out their navy that is carrying the Dornish army. He snipes Rhaegal with a ballistae from a mile in the sky while behind Dragonstone giving him no line of sight. Then completely slaughters the rest of the navy ships who have no countermeasures.

The show has established him as the strongest villain. Euron's plot strength is so ridiculous. He is the biggest threat to the seven kingdoms, more of a threat than the Night King and undead army. Instead of Westeros fearing that "winter is coming" by a fairy tale foe that hasn't been seen in thousands of years, they should fear that "Euron is coming". Except you wouldn't know he's coming since he'd take you by surprise.

17. Falcons Talon

You took the words out of my mouth. Seriously overpowered. They need to Nerf this guy. He could probably even take out OP Arya!

BigM and justtxyank like this.
  18. justtxyank

He's going to kill Arya. Just wait for it. She's going to try to get Cersei and Euron will get her instead. The show likes to make the bad guys REALLY bad before they die. Cersei chopping the head of Missandei just to be a B to Dany is so extra lol. Reminds me of them turning that dude into a pedo before they let Arya kill him.

Invisible Fan and Falcons Talon like this.
  19. Falcons Talon

Definitely see that happening. I hope for the sake of redemption of the show writers, it is a brutal quick death that does not give her a chance to be held in someone's hands before she dies a peaeful death. Beheading from behind would be good. Crushed skull better. Please not another sob scene with sob music. I'm ready to see some plot armor Kryptonite Nukes!!!

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They literally have a dude on their side than can at minimum see everything that’s happened in the past. And probably the present - though if not for sure effectively because 1 second ago is the past while basically being the present. There is also not exact clarity but he might also be able to see the future???

Plus two dragons.

But rather than write a decent storyline around that which still has tension ... they decided to make Euron all powerful and drink Starbucks on set and forget to edit it out.

Quickly approaching disaster territory. As in I’m basically 0% interested in any spin off series at this point

#1220 JayZ750, May 6, 2019
    arkoe, Kim and Duncan McDonuts like this.