1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

LOL. Poor Theon.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

wow.

on a side note no mention of the valar morghulis dude who changed his face? I have seen/read a few theories here how he ties in to the dance (sword) teacher from Braavos but would love to read more opinions here. I guess we dont know Syrio's fate yet.

3. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm confused, who exactly sacked Winterfell?

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Ramsey Snow (a character not shown yet) was leading the 500 men outside Winterfell that Theon wanted to go fight. Ramsey Snow is a b*stard son of Roose Bolton. Roose Bolton is the general we keep seeing talking to Robb Stark (this guy). Ramsey Snow is acting on orders from his father and Robb Stark. The actual sacking/burning was done by Theon's men before they ran away I believe.

How do 20 people just get past a siege? Isn't the point of a siege to let nobody in or out.

#1284 tallanvor, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  5. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Syrio is dead, and Jaqen was in the black cells while Arya was being taught how to "dance".

#1285 madmonkey37, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

That's what was really poorly explained. How could Theon's men escape? Winterfell was surrounded.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

^maybe a spoiler madmonkey37.....

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

When Robb told Bolton to send his men he said any of them that surrendered would be allowed to leave, except for Theon. I don't know if that would still apply if they burned the place down before surrendering.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ditto, I thought it was pretty clunky. The only thing I assumed was that they escaped via the tunnels the Maester mentioned to Theon or turned Theon in to Stark forces.

10. tallanvor

good point. I forgot that

11. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

So did Theon get left behind or did they take him with him.

12. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

For a topic where complaints about spoilers are common, people sure do ask for them a lot. Major spoilers about next season(s) are going to be needed if you want a definitive answer on what happened to Winterfell and Theon.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm afraid to comment because I know the answers. I don't want to correct the wrong things that have been said because that would be a spoiler.

14. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Really ? Wow I didn't realise that a simple question like who sacked Winterfell would have such huge ramifications for next season! I thought it was the Iron Island men (I refuse to call them Theon's men, they barely tolerate the guy) and then they escaped/surrendered.

And tbh, I have no idea that even asking it would involve a spoiler (well, since I obviously don't know what's coming up next season, how can I know if a question leads to one?)? But thanks for the advance warning.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Theon was the price for the other iron men's escape

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

In reality we have no idea since the whole thing is a change from the books anyway with Theon's men betraying him. We can make presumptions based on what happens in the books, but they changed so many other things, that there is no way to say for sure. Presumably they will explain it better next season, but for Maester Luwin not to mention anything about it was odd to say the least.

17. tallanvor

Agreed. I have read all the books but have stopped pretending like I know much beyond what the show gives me.

18. crash5179

It just seemed obvious to me.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

With what we know about Book!Ramsay (see: siege of Moat Cailin), I think we have an idea of what actually ended up happening to those Iron Men. Though many changes have been made in the adaptation, I rather doubt that Show!Ramsay will be made kinder or gentler.

But here's the thing. Luwin told them to leave, because "they might come back." If it were the Ironborn, why would the come back?

20. crash5179

By the way wights and white walkers / others are different. Wights are the zombie like dead people created by the white walkers.