1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

You'll find out later... Sam plays a huge role in season 3. Also something i think should be clarified guys: The Wights or others are just the reanimated zombies that are brought back by the touch of the Wight Walkers. They are not the same breed of killing machine. I believe the Walkers intend to go south with their army

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Could you explain further?
    The guy on the horse at the end is different than the one that attacked
    The leader of the Black Cloaks and John Snow in season 1?

Rocket River

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Stannis took over all of Renly's army but the Tyrells who joined House Lannister.

Stannis has a small army left but still an army. He probably has a morale problem amongst his men too.

House Tyrell (who the hottie is a member of) are very powerful and rich.

we don't know yet

take as much land as possible. They are conquerors. Specifically the North right now.

we don't know yet

Sry if some of these question were rhetorical.

correct. The guy on the horse in the final scene was a white walker (aka The Others) one of their abilities is to raise the dead (zombies). The thing that attacked Jon and Lord Mormont was a raised zombie.

#1263 tallanvor, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Something I found interesting:

The two wedding/engagement scenes. On one hand you have Jeoffrey who's a complete dick, yet seems to have a much stronger belief in the oath he swore, compared to Rob who just says **** it imma get this hot gurl.

5. tallanvor

I don't think Joffrey cares about his oath, I think he enjoys having Sansa around to torture. Sansa has nobody to protect her and she has seen Joffrey at his most pathetic (when the direwolf bit him and he cried). Joffrey can't torture the Tyrell girl; her house is too powerful. Joffrey will actually have to feign a relationship with her. I think he realizes this and doesn't look forward to it.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yeah...Joffrey was full of **** with his whole caring for his oath bit. The whole thing seemed rehearsed and there to please his subjects. Either way, he does end up with a hottie!

As does Rob. The chick looks a little bit like Jennifer Love Hewitt.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^ agreed, she has a hot young JLH thing going on...

Good finale, not great, but hate that we have to wait so long as this just made me want more...I'll have to read as I can't imagine Tyrion being put out to pasture...

I too wondered why fatguy was left to live? What happened to Dog? When does Jaime end up back in KL, etc..

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I thought it was great. Even ran over the usual "hour" (53 minutes) running time.

I think Sam was left to live because (a) he doesn't die in the books yet and (b) the story wanted someone to remain for an upclose view of The Others (makes it a little more scary?)

9. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

I thought the white walker (other) looked better in the first episode of season one then the one last night.

10. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Man I felt so sorry for Sansa after that scene. Definitely should've run away with the Hound when she had the chance. But since the Starks are still fighting the Lannisters, Joffrey can't do that much to her right, since she's a valuable hostage. Plus Tyrion!!! Man that sucks, it didn't even occur to me that Tywin would take back the Hand of the King position once he came back, so what's going to become of him? He loves the politics too much, but with the people who hate him the most (his family) in charge, what can he do?

Oh and half way through the episodes, I realised that episode 9 was the crowdpleaser, while episode 10 was to set up all sorts of themes for the next season, which is INFURIATING!!!

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah the whole thing was just a public way to find and acceptable way out of the marriage so they can merge houses with the Tyrells.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Exactly this. It was a complete show, a "mummer's farce" if you will.

13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Imp is lucky Pycelle didn't poison his ass.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I really hope viewership spikes next season and they get the budget increase to do 12 episode seasons. I know it's a longshot, but man, as good as this season was, I can't help but wonder how much better it could have been with an extra 100 minutes or so.

Next season should be really good either way, and season four should be amazing. I don't feel like waiting 10 months though! When ADWD came out last summer, it definitely made the wait easier.

15. val_modus

val_modus Member

The guy on the horse is a Wight Walker (not white like everyone says), he has the ability to raise the dead and is a conscious killer... the wights are simply zombies reanimated for the sole purpose of being a killing machine like most we saw in the season finale. The opener of season 1 featured Wight Walkers, and i must say they were some straight bad asses! If you remember the scene with Jon seeing Craester giving the baby away also, that was a Wight Walker aswell.

16. val_modus

val_modus Member

Thats not it... something happened in season 2 that you will all remember in season 3 when they bring it up, which is the reason Sam lives

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Actually, it is White Walker in the books. That's what the wildlings call them. The Night's Watch and the rest of Westeros call them The Others. You're right that the "zombies" are called Wights. I think you're just combining Wights with White Walkers.

18. tallanvor

It's White Walkers not Wight Walkers. Wildlings don't have the vocabulary to use 'Wight'

[​IMG]

I love how they gave the white walker a beard.

#1278 tallanvor, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Could it be the bag of dragon stones they found?

I fought Sam was going to use them to do something when the White Walkers came towards him.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This scene had me cracking up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M0PZdf7A4bE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>