1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I didn't see a death scene/body for either...

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

GRRM doesn't give a **** what you or anyone else is rooting for. That's the defining trait of the series.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Are you talking about the TV series or the books? It wouldn't have been in Season 1.

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Lots of actors on the show don't look how they're described in the books. Hell, Tyrion, who is arguably the most popular character in the series doesn't look as described other than being short. His hair was barely blond the first season and his eyes aren't two different colors. No complaints about him though, right?

As far as the Davos argument, I'll spoiler tag it because it does reference future events that haven't happened on the TV series yet.

As far as saying Ned & Robert both had multiple kids, too, in comparison to Davos, this is true. But they were all young. The oldest, Robb, was even referred to as "The Young Wolf" during the war of the five kings. Davos' kids are older and fight in the Battle of the Blackwater. His age on the TV series looks appropriate to me.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Can anyone tell me if I can watch Game of Thrones in HD on Netflix? This will determine whether I make the jump and sign up for Netflix!

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not streaming, but you can order the DVD's.

7. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Streaming on HBO GO not Netflix

8. justtxyank

That's still free right?

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't know what kind of deal you were offered. I have to pay for mine. I think I got the first month free.

10. justtxyank

No I mean I know I have to pay the monthly fee, but then the rentals are free or you still pay for those? And would those be blu rays or what?

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

There's two types of plans or maybe more. One covers just streaming. Another covers streaming and DVD rental. If you have the second type the DVD rentals are included in the monthly subscription.

You can rent as many times in that month as you'd like, but how many DVD's you can get each time depends on which plan you get. Mine is only 1 DVD at a time plus the streaming. When I send a DVD in, they send the next one. I usually get it in one or two days.

You can check whether you want standard DVD's or Blu-ray DVD's. If they have Blu-ray's and you selected that option you'll get it.

1 person likes this.
  12. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

They have a streaming-only plan, as well as a plan that has both streaming and DVD rentals. To be able to rent blu-rays as well, it's a couple bucks more.

1 person likes this.
  13. justtxyank

Thanks guys. I'll come through and rep all of you in a second. I appreciate the help. I finally amped up my home internet so I've been giving consideration to signing up over at netflix.

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Did you guys see the new teaser one sheet for season two?

[​IMG]

I was hoping for it to say something like "A Clash of Kings is About to Being" or something like that, but that's just me being a fanboy. I'll live. Still pretty cool.

15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Also, a pretty big update from the set in SciFiNow magazine. It has some spoilery comments, so read at your own discretion.

All of the major characters have two sets of each costume and piece of armour/weaponry. This is because they sometimes needed to fly actors from Dubrovnik back to Belfast to film at the Paint Hall and then rush them back again, and clearing costumes and weapons through customs is a nightmare.

There is a set of ‘bone armour’ featuring in S2 which will make ‘readers of the books clap their hands in delight’.

Cersei has a set of ornamental and elegant, ‘Valkyrie-like’ armour.

HBO mocked up a section of King’s Landing wall for the Blackwater. The wall is 20 metres away from a stretch of water, allowing skiffs full of soldiers to disembark under heavy arrow, ballistae and boiling oil fire from the walls.

The Blackwater battle will feature a very clever aquatic battering ram. Basically it’s on a boat with rib-like supports sticking out the top. When the boat beaches, the soldiers unpack the battering ram, spin the boat upside down, reconnect the ram and then run it up to the gates with the hull of the boat acting as cover from missile fire. It’s basically a medieval version of the landing craft from D-Day (my take, not the magazine’s).

Season 2 is the ‘season of battles, especially episode nine’. The crew built another ship at the Linen Mill Studio in Bainbridge. This ship is 140 feet long, 35 feet tall and has a 3oo-foot greenscreen surrounding it. The ship has a modular deck, which they can use as the cargo scow that takes Theon home but they they can lift on a whole new top deck to turn it into Stannis’s flagship, including the addition of a 12-foot-tall stag’s head with antlers as a figurehead.

The Eyrie set is still standing in the Paint Hall, despite not featuring at all for Season 2. It’s too intricate to dismantle and store and they will need it for future seasons, so it’s been left up.

A second, ‘purpose-built’ studio is being built next to the Paint Hall to help accomodate the needs of the series going into future seasons. The reporter repeats the rumour that Seasons 3 and 4 will be greenlighted and shot back-to-back to cover A STORM OF SWORDS.

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/02/scifinow-magazine-features-amazing-s2-details/

Sounds like HBO is sparing no expense. Which is great since they wimped out on a few of the battle scenes in book 1.

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I cancelled my netflix, but I would suspect the DVD's are not available yet, seeing as the blu ray/dvd isn't being released til March 6th.

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Clegane brothers thru A Dance with Dragons:
    There is a theory that a silent and hooded gravedigger at the monastery called Quiet Isle which Brienne spied limping is in fact Clegane. The Elder Brother slyly tells Brienne that he buried the "Hound", which means that Clegane may still be alive and living at the monastery now after chosing a life of redemption, while his brutal personality of the Hound is now done with.

As for the Mountain, Gregor was brought to the dungeons for medical experiments by Qyburn and has not been seen since, but it is hinted at that Qyburn has performed necromancy rituals on him as that is what Qyburn was stripped of being a maester for. Qyburn appointed a new knight of the Kingsguard to champion for Cersei in her trial. The knight, named Robert Strong is a mute who never removes his helm and has a stature suspiciously consistent with that of Ser Gregor.

18. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

New video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T-KACxqOwWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can we just freeze ourselves until April 1st?

1 person likes this.
  19. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I would vote for it, but I have a Mass Effect to start on in a couple of weeks.

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Oh, hell yes. I remember starting a thread here for the first ME trying to sell people on how great it was. Hard to believe the final one is coming out soon...sorry for the derail.