1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Margaery is sexy as hell and has some mesmerizing eyes. Too bad Renly's gay.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Since they already explicitly showed Renly and Loras as lovers in Season 1, I have no problem with them expanding on that in Season 2. I actually like the added Renly scenes. Plus, we get to see Margaery Tyrell's t*** which is nice. The books talk about the marriage not being consummated (hinting at Renly being gay) and you kind of wonder what Margaery is thinking during this time and that scene lets you in on her thought process. So I liked it.

I also liked the added scene of Theon writing and burning the letter to Robb. I guess they're trying to portray him as more conflicted and sympathetic. One tweak in the Greyjoy scenes is that I thought attacking Winterfell was all Theon's idea, if only to show his father he wasn't loyal to the Starks or his worth as a leader, while Balon and Asha/Yara were explicitly against it and in this episode, it seems to be Balon Greyjoy's idea from the start.

I also liked Yoren's monologue. I'm somewhat disappointed that Arya's storyline has been heavily consolidated. Some of the small things (like Hot Pie yielding) were things from the book that were thrown in that I'm sure went over the heads of non-readers.

I liked the way the filmed/edited the scenes where Tyrion is figuring out who Cersei's mole is. But it's weird that they set it up that he was still testing Varys. Tyrion's worried about Cersei finding out about Shae. Varys knows about Shae. If Varys was the mole, Cersei would know about Shae already. In the book, Varys doesn't find out about Shae until after Tyrion's little test so it makes more sense.

I'm also not particularly fond of Shae becoming Sansa's handmaided. I can see why they did it. Why introduce new largely irrelevant characters for Shae to be handmaiden to when you can have her serve an existing character. Still, I'm not really liking it. I wonder how that's going to play out when (book spoiler)
    Tyrion marries Sansa.

No Daenerys in this episode but I'm not surprised. She only gets 5 chapters in CoK where she got 10 in GoT. I figured they'd either have to break stuff up, use her less, or invent new scenes to have her story spread out evenly over the entire season. So while Arya's story has parts that are being mashed together, Danny is her story slowly pieced out.

#562 Cannonball, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I thought it was a great scene that showed the struggle Theon was having with his decision to betray Rob.

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

didnt varys meet tyrion at the apartment he got her before that "test"?

shae becomes sansa's handmaiden when she marries tyrion

5. arjun

arjun Member

I don't have HBO...where can I watch GoT Season 2?

6. Cannonball

Could be wrong, but I thought it was after. Either way, it makes a bit more sense if it happens after.

OK, I'm still in the middle of reading SoS so maybe I missed it or I'm not at the part where it mentions that yet.

But something else about the Tyrion/Shae storyline that's going to have to change since Shae's already inside the Red Keep.
    Varys helped Tryion secretly leave the city through the brothel so he could visit Shae. When Cersei finds out that Tyrion's been seeing a prostitute, she thinks it's Alayaya and she captures her. Tywin later whips her. So I wonder if they're going to drop that whole part or if they'll find some other scapegoat to take Alayaya's place. Or maybe they'll just go ahead an whip Shae. I wonder how or if that'll be incorporated into the show.

#566 Cannonball, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  7. crash5179

its just a consolidation. In CoK after Joffrey, Sansa, Tyrion etc... were attacked by the commoners in the streets Tyrion decides he can not protect Shea unless he brings her into the castle. In order to keep her identity secret he makes her Lollys hand made. Lollys is the girl that got gang raped and impregnated during the attack on Joffrey, Sansa, Tyrion etc... After Tyrion and Sansa are married Tyrion complains to Tywin that Sansa's handmades are all spying on him and Sansa for Cersie. Tywin tells Tyrion to get rid of the hand maids and choose whatever handmades he wants. That is when he chooses Shea as one of Sansa's handmaids.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Anything to get that King.

9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i didnt realize that you were in the middle of sos, but i guess thats not a huge spoiler,

more on the prostitute
    i was really looking forward to seeing alayaya's character, it will be interesting to see if they work that angle in

10. crash5179

i was wondering about that as well. They have to get someone to take the beating that was meant for Shea, but I see no way for them to work in Alaya since Shea is already living in the castle.

BTW, I think they absolutely nailed Brianne. She is exactly how I imagined her.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it possible they are intending to combine her and Ros? Is it possible that Ros was not a new character after all, but just a modified one that was introduced much earlier?

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Margaery is dead sexy, and kinky to boot. not like introducing a 4th brother sister combo in Game of Thrones would be shocking at this point.

but what a waste!

13. Cannonball

Don't worry about it. I've spoiled myself like crazy. Can't help myself.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

download it illegally

15. arjun

arjun Member

will do, but from where?

will rep :grin:

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

watchseries.eu
    letmewatchthis.com

1 person likes this.
  17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

And don't download anything, stream.

18. arjun

arjun Member

thx buddy

19. TheresTheDagger

You could just pay for it like the vast majority of the rest of us are doing. That way you could see that the people who brought you this great story/TV show are rewarded for their hard work.

Or.....you could just steal it.

1 person likes this.
  20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

stream is **** quality, but if you don't care...