1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

first teaser tonight

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/11/first-promo-video-for-season-two-to-air-tomorrow/#comments

1 person likes this.
  2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pE12H1HorUU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pE12H1HorUU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

1 person likes this.
  4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I don't get it either. That video looked to be about 90% stuff from season 1.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Guys, that's a fan trailer. It's not official but what TSchmal posted is.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

So those pictures of Cersei, Jon, Ned and Mark Addy on the Iron Throne were old promo shots? And the snippet with the dragon too?

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

it was stuff snipped from season 1 and from entirely different movies/shows to make it seem new

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

neg rep for posting the fake fan trailer.

As for the real production vid, I wasn't impressed. They didn't give the fans anything other than the same quotes you always hear ('It's fantasy but with little magic'). They could of given some dialogue and showcased an accent or something. Would of liked a glimpse of an uglied-up Brienne too

Also, why does Stannis have hair? his baldness is his defining physical feature.

10. Cannonball

Just open it in YouTube. It was made in June and the guy tells you it was fan made and that he borrowed clips from "Season of the Witch" and "Eragon".

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Brienne is not ugly enough either.

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I like the castings of the new big three (Davos, Stannis & Melisandre). The only one I'm not so sure of appearance wise is Stannis. No beard?! (pics below)

Stannis Baratheon

[​IMG]

Melisandre of Asshai

[​IMG]

Davos Seaworth

[​IMG]

Still, I'm excited as hell for the new season.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Funny thing is . . .they could have made Stannis
    the same guy as The Former King
    Just shaved him down

I expected Stannis to look like a . . . weaker bizzarro version of Robert

Rocket River

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Did you read the books (not sarcasm, actually asking)? Stannis looks WAY different than Robert. Tall, thin, balding and stone faced.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He and Renley . . .
    In the books it seems to describe them as
    kind of aspects of Robert
    but Robert was the Total Package
    [I guessing young Robert . .. not old fat Robert]

Rocket River
    Though I must admit . .. I did not get the BALD portion
    until reading it here. I knew tall and thin and stone faced
    Bald just went over my head or i ignored it.

16. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I started reading the book. Got about 100 pages in and stopped. Not because I didn't like it, but I have a hard time following along with all the names. I've always had a problem when reading a book with a bunch of different, non 21st century names. I think I need to watch the first show and putting a face to the name will help out.

17. Cannonball

I'm not sure how much they mention it the rest of the book, but it's definitely mentioned in the prologue which is where you get the first physical description of him.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Can't wait for this. I'm into the 2nd book now and have the 3rd and 4th standing by. Going to buy the 5th for my brother in law for Christmas and wait for him to pass it back to me when he gets done. If only there were more time in the day to read all of this! Just finished the 1st one and it took me about a month to get it done, but it was worth the read even though I read it after watching the series. The little details in the book made it worthwhile. In fact it inspired me to go back and watch all the shows again too now that I have an increase in background knowledge.

I can't believe there are still 2 more books to go in order to complete the series. The author needs to come on with it, he isn't getting any younger...or skinnier.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As for the comments about Stannis, in the novels, he couldn't be any more different than Robert if he tried. One could even imagine that they had different fathers (or mothers). I can't recall reading that, however. For those who haven't read the books, just don't expect any sort of Robert Baratheon inhabiting his brother Stannis.

20. Cannonball

We're a lot alike. I bought the set of the first 4 and read Game of Thrones after the series. Then I went back and rewatched the season on HBO.com. The 2nd book took me longer to get through. Not that it's not great, just that the initial burst of enthusiasm had faded. I just finished Clash of Kings last week and have just started reading Storm of Swords. I'm pretty sure someone is going to give me Dance With Dragons for Christmas.