1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 1 (spoiler-free discussion)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, May 16, 2011.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like Ned too, but damn, dude is brain dead. This has to be were Sansa gets it from; they are both naive idiots. They both have this view of how the world SHOULD be that doesn't fit reality. Even when their idealized view of the world is constantly being shoved back in their faces they fail to adapt (at least not yet)

There is even an internet meme now *chuckle*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

I think Ned gave the head King's guard, Barristan Selmy, a little too much credit. "He's a good and honorable man. Please read this decree from King Robert." 30 seconds later the Queen is ripping up the note and telling Selmy there's a new king now. Selmy just shrugs and goes to arrest Ned.

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

Looking forward to seeing how Ned "Bumble**** Northern Yokel" Stark trips his way out of this one!

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Member

The Lannisters always seem to win and the Starks always seem to lose... I get that makes for good drama, but it would nice to see the good guys catch a break every now and again.. somehow, I doubt that's going to happen.

5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I have the feeling that somehow Barristan will turn against the Lannisters and help Ned. The show keeps giving subtle hints like they zoomed in on his worried face when Ned suggested the Lannister squire might have something to do with King Edward's death, Ned made sure to call him noble and honorable, and he was appauled when the Queen tore up the King's final words.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That still requires a fair amount of luck to get him fatally wounded by a boar but whatever I guess I'm just over analyzing it.

7. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Looks like my prediction of Barristan helping the Starks out is well on its way to becoming true. This show is getting so good, each episode eclipses its previously epic one

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

2 more episodes and then we'll probably have to wait a painful 10 months for the next season.

9. Commodore

Commodore Member

you could just read the books

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

what? it seems like it just started?

11. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Even to the end, Barristan was still a stooge. "I'm yours to command." He didn't want to accept early retirement. Joffrey and Little Finger had to make fun of him before he would throw a hissy fit and leave. Yet the most embarrassing was that old kiss ass, Maester Pycelle. Just blowing Joffrey's whistle like a good hype man. No shame in his game.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

while I hate Joffrey, i gotta say, that kid playing him is doing an awesome job. He might be giving the best non-adult performance on the show... and thats saying something, considering the job the actress playing arya stark and the actors playing bran stark and the psycho 6 yr old robin Arryn, has done.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I found it funny how the youngest Stark kid, Rickon popped out of nowhere so late in the season. I knew who he was from the viewer's guide on the website but I would imagine most of the non-reading viewers probably weren't aware of his existence until that point. I guess he was in the first episode but he sort of faded into the background.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

"They killed my ngh Ned brah!"

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/owf6D2vfZqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow I was stunned. I was just thinking "oh shh Arya to the rescue, come on do something, wait, let her goo, NO NOOO!!".

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Oh man I'm still reeling. I was just going to stick with only watching the show but now I MUST read the books.

btw
    [​IMG]

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Hahah that video is hilarious. Everything he said were my thoughts exactly about Ned being a main character and one of the bigger names of the show. I was shocked to say the least, Jamie is in for it now!

18. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Not so tough now eh Drago? He hulked out last week and now got knocked out by a flesh wound. But Ned was okay after taking a pike through the leg?

Nice to see that traitor to the realm beheaded. Hail Joffrey!

1 person likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Horse savages have bad medical insurance compares to government officials in Westeros.

20. droxford

droxford Member

She's married to him, but she's having sex with her brother.
    This kid saw them, so he tried to kill the kid, but failed.
    The kid was in a tragic coma, but survived. When he awoke, he couldn't remember anything.
    The sister/brother had a son, but her husband thinks it's his.
    The husband used to have a crush on his buddy's sister.
    The sister was kinapped by the some other guy.
    Incidentally, that guy's brother traded their sister away to get an army to regain his power.
    She married the leader of the powerful tribe/army.
    Then, the tribe leader betrayed and killed her brother.
    She stays married to him to regain power.

Meanwhile...

Her husgband was best friends with this guy, but her husband died in an accident.
    The best friend has four sons with his wife and a son from him another woman.
    One of his sons is the kid who saw the brother/sister couple having sex.
    His wife thought that the brother/sister's OTHER brother (a dwarf) tried to have her son killed.
    So she caught the dwarf and tried, unsuccessfully, to prosecute him.

blah blah blah...

Like sands through the hourglass....

Nine episodes later, they've done all this SOAP OPERA CRAP and had almost no action at all.