1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 1 (spoiler-free discussion)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, May 16, 2011.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

How funny is that? The guy who starts the thread demanding no spoilers posts the first one. :p

#41 Xerobull, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

[​IMG]

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

That's true. In fact, everyone from Tyrion to Roz the w**** has been crackin' on him for being such a punk-ass ward sucking up to the Starks. And he doesn't like it. What better way to get back at his captors than offing a son of the Starks to ignite a Stark/Lannister feud after they killed all his father's sons but him?

Or I could be wrong and it was Cersei all along. :p

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm currently reading Game of Thrones for the 3rd or 4th time, partly to refresh my memory about how things were in the novel and how they are in the series (mainly because it's so damned good). I can point out one divergence that isn't a "spoiler," since it's been mentioned already in the HBO series. Ned's father and older brother were not both burned alive by the Mad King. Only one of them was.

5. droxford

droxford Member

Okay, after watching the 4th episode I'm still waiting for something to happen.

Soooooo.....

......boooooooring...

Really, everybody carries swords and nobody's actually using them. It's like Days of Our Lives.

I can understand a need to establish characters, but this is ridiculous. Can we actually have something happen, please?!?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Did you watch the 5th episode?

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

this show is so badass..

i don't get the association with animals/creatures (lion, dragon, etc.) does each house have an animal they associate with?

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

Correct. A mascot of sorts

Stark - Direwolf
    Barratheon - Stag
    Targaryen - Dragon
    Lannister - Lion

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah each house has a "Sigil". the ones that have been mentioned so far in the series are in that link someone posted earlier in the the thread. Don't know the exact association with the sigils and each house or their past affiliation with each animal except for the Targaryens and the dragons.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/#!/guide/houses/

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

When Ned was reading through the book, what was the significance of the one name who was golden hair instead of black?

Edit:

Show is starting to get good. Never read the books, but might have to now.

11. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

Well, genetically black hair is a dominant trait that obviously runs in the Baratheon line. Robert and Cersei together should have had a dark haired kid. And yet Joffrey is blond. Sansa said something and that triggered Ned to check the book.

12. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

You would think Robert would have picked up on that. Maybe the scene at the end of episode I is an indication. lol

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Member

Awesome.

The "Fire doesn't harm a dragon" line makes sense now with Daenerys and the eggs and the last scene in tonight's episode

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Thanks, stupid question, I just realized. Not much of a spoiler that the kid is
    inbred

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yup. Her hands were unharmed while the servant girl's were burnt by the egg.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't his other 2 kids have blond hair too!? Am I reaching?

I don't think the immunity to fire is bequeath to all Targaryens at birth. Does it jump to whoever is worthy or is that how they chose their leader back in the day? Did the mad king have this immunity? I'm guessing Daenerys is the first chick to have this power.

17. Commodore

Commodore Member

Yes, but they are all from the same mother. If anything that makes Ned more suspicious, three kids and all with blonde hair.

18. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Interesting that the dire wolf (the Stark sigil) b**** with the pups was killed by a stag (sigil of House Baratheon). Hidden meaning?

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Hidden meaning or blindingly obvious allegory? Lol....