1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 1 (spoiler-free discussion)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, May 16, 2011.

1. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Was Loras Tyrell the Ricky Martin of the Realm? Making googily eyes at Sansa. He has the physique of a twelve year old boy. No way he took down the Mountain like that.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

I can find it. Pointing out that it (and the other thread) are titled in a way that makes searching for them hard.

Littlefinger points out that Loras used a mare in heat, which made the Mountain's stallion skittish and the Mountain off-balance. Sansa says that Loras is too honorable to do that, then Littlefinger says there is a lot of gold in dishonor (Loras cheated).

3. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Eddard Stark will get his
    penis
    chop off. That's for fathering a b*stard!

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

At least Jory goes to see a nice pair of cans before he got stabbed in the eye.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dude look at the title of this thread.

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Their will be 2 new episodes available this Sunday btw. The 2nd episode will be up on HBO GO for HBO subscribers to watch on their computers/phone. I'm sure that episode will leak in good enough quality not too long after. 2 full hours of Game of Throne, yep yep!

8. 111chase111

111chase111 Member

I've read the books and am really enjoying the series so far. I think they've done a good job with the changes that inevitably have to be made and have thrown a TON of bones at the book readers to keep them (mostly) happy.

Because I've read the books, I know what's going on. How are all the non-book readers enjoying it? Is it interesting? Easy (or hard) to follow? I guess this thread is kind of a biased group as you probably wouldn't be here if you didn't like the show but I'm still curious.

9. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

I really like this show. It was a bit slow the first few episodes, but the last one really picked up. The only problem I have is when they're referencing other characters and I can't pick up who or what they're talking about. I loved Rome and give that an A. I would give GOT a B so far.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Member

I wanna say that I'm not going to watch it since it'll be a long 2 weeks before the next new episode but I know I'm gonna watch both back to back.

mleahy999 - Got the same problem. I never read any of the books so the character references can be confusing at times, especially when a new character is introduced right away. Enjoying the series though.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

As others have said... go to hbo.com. They have a handy web-page spelling out the background on characters in the show, etc. without any "spoilers."

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

Ok, here's my non-spoiler speculation. I haven't read the books, so any neckbeard that has would do well NOT to confirm or deny this, because I DON'T WANNA KNOW. Again, this is NOT a spoiler, just speculation:

Theon Greyjoy framed Tyrion. He has access to the castle, he's not fond of the Lannisters or Starks, and he comes from a family of rabble-rousers. Jory tells us the Greyjoys like their bloodshed. Hell, maybe he's even pissed he didn't get his own direwolf.

#32 Hippieloser, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  13. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

I'm watching with my wife, who has not read the book. I was really excited about the series and she watched with me kind of to placate me since I wanted to share the experience with her.
    She's not into fantasy stuff but since this is political/relationship drama stuff she is really loving it. I do explain the scenes to her and remind her of the characters etc, so that makes it easier for her to follow.

14. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Member

Jory also said Theon was a good lad, and it doesn't seem like Theon has a lot of hate in him, considering the circumstances.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

some pretty cool fan art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

Damn it, is this fan art based off actual events? Spoiler free thread...

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Don't worry none of these are spoilers, all of this has happend in the tv series (the last picture is of the rebellion that made King Robert the king).

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

The Jon Snow picture has spoiler text.

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, I'll wait for that. I don't care to watch an epic series on my phone or PC. That's why I paid an obscene amount of money for my Samsung LED.