1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 1 (spoiler-free discussion)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, May 16, 2011.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

i guess that was the season finale this past week? i just saw the episode last night. that last scene had my jaw dropping.

2. across110thstreet

"we all have roles to play"- Varys

I don't think so. his accent and phrases are the ones that stick in my head.

his accent is perfect, I'm sorry you are concerned about the way he say "****" but is a perfect blend of dialects for the world they have created.

3. DCkid

DCkid Member

What does it matter? Tyrion isn't from England.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I'd also worry about whether or not the 7th book will be done by the time they're ready to film season 7 (if it gets that far). Thus far it's taken 15 years to get from book 1 to book 5. It was 5 years between "A Storm of Swords" and "A Feast for Crows" and another 6 years for "A Dance With Dragons" which is being released next month. So if they continue with every book being a season, I'd worry about Martin not finishing 2 books before they were scheduled to be filmed. I'd even worry that he might decide that 7 books isn't enough and that the collection needs to be expanded further.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Martin has gone on record saying that his preference is that A Storm of Swords is divided into two seasons. Also A Dance With Dragons and A Feast For Crows both run along the same timeline, and will probably be divided into three or four seasons between them.

So that makes 6 more seasons before the need for another book, 7 more for another book after that. I think it will be tight, but GRRM can probably pump out two books in 7 years (or at least have the draft for book 7 ready in time for the final season).

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

I'm just getting into everything but he sounds to me to be very uncompromising. That he won't put out a book just to meet some kind of deadline. It'll be done when it's done and he's told the story he wants to tell as well as he can. So it's not like he's going to rush (if need be) to make sure those books get done in time for all the script writing and filming to take place on schedule.

I do hope it all works out though and that the full series gets brought to TV. If it does, it might be HBO's longest running non-sports series. Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm are entering their 8th seasons and I think that's a record for HBO. But those are also on 1/2 hour shows. The Sopranos was only 6 seasons. It'd be impressive to see Game of Thrones go for 9+ seasons.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Member

I don't know if anybody here has read or seen the Indian epic Mahabharata?

Man, if that was ever made into a movie or a show on HBO I would literally cry like a little girl.

Bollywood made a show based on the book in the early 80's and its probably the best thing I've ever seen on TV.

The character development, drama, politics and action would be beyond amazing.

Random I know.