1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Leak Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FishBulb913, Aug 4, 2017.

1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I LOLed.

I actually thought he was going to shoot lightning bolts from his hands as a surprise weapon the writers had for us viewers.

I think they should work on getting Cersei her own dragon cos it's only fair each side has a dragon each now. Maybe Qyburn can create a love potion in his high tech lab that would put the other dragon under Cersei's spell.

v3.0 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If I have spoiler for the final episode 7 should I spoiler it here or no? Do you all even want to know?

Some are pretty obvious because episode 6 was pretty telling. I think everything might be leaked incl. narratives of the last episode.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Same. Come ON. If he can kill dragons w a stupid icicle, then how is anyone going to beat him. Power Rangers level dumb.

(Word dumb courtesy @justtxyank )

v3.0 likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

After all of the magical crap weve seen from this show you guys still complain about how unrealistic it is. I just dont think its the genre for you guys.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What a powerful icicle javelin. The undead bear like creature was more frightening.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought it was pretty clearly the worst episode of the season. Every single character was dumbed down to advance the plot.

Still, the worst GOTs is still better than the best of most shows out there.

fba34 likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No, I love this crap and was fine, for instance, w dragon birth. I'm just mad about the javelin and the dragon. And seriously, if you make the NK this powerful, how do you ever unwind him? Just plot wise.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thats because it was dry ice.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With a Heel of Achilles, a tiny spot of weakness. Probably strong Dragonglass made Valyrian weapon.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. The Stig

The Stig Member

I'd probably would spoiler anything episode 7 related. Click at your own risk kind of deal. I haven't read the plot or anything yet. Just seen the episodes only

11. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Wow.

So was Danny waiting to see if Jon would make it back or Rhaegal? We only saw Drogon flying back at the wall. I think with the Ice Dragon now in play it sets up the other two dying in battle and Danny actually having a baby with Jon. Seemed like that was underlying with what Tyrion said to her about succession and Danny telling Jon the dragons are the the only children she'll have.

Beric lightsaber was awesome. RIP Thoros + Ben-Jen (didn't see that coming)

And did Theon just leave Dragonstone after meeting Jon? No sign of the Greyjoys.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have no problem with the Ice Javelin, the chains that seemed to come out of nowhere, or really anything else but....Are Dragons really that fast? Dany raced across the entire continent within a day? I mean really now...they could have written that better. At least had staged it so they were hiding somewhere and showed that perhaps a few nights passed. The way it played out made it seem like she just drove up the street to pick them up.

They just went too far off the rails but you can't blame them, for the longest of times they were relying on source material.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I agree they have given up on maintaining any realistic passage if time and that does bother me but its hardly show ruining.

The dragon had no idea it was in danger. Once Drogon was aware he was able to avoid the second one so it isnt has if its an auto hit. The dragons were OP now they have to be on guard. A battle isnt a battle if only one side has tanks.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah. There's too many fan favorites, and pissing people off before the last season after spending hundreds of millions of dollars isn't a great idea moneywise.

It's still crazy enjoyable despite the creaky dialogue.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It's still better than the movie My Life.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

But the roller coaster of emotions is what makes a memorable experience. It's gotten very Hollywood with MVPs having plot armor and tertiary players are killed off. There's a clear distinction when the transition happened. It's now fan fiction territory.

That doesn't mean it's bad or anything. It's just not as good.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not saying it is bad, still the best show on television, one of the best of all time, it just could have been avoided by placing them elsewhere and showing that some time has passed.

With that said, the army of the dead looked really weak here, like 6 guys held off hundreds of them.

Do they even need dragons? They have no armor and may as well be holding wooden clubs over there. I'm not sure that even with the White Walkers themselves they are beating a combined army of Jaime's heavily armed and organized men, the Dothraki, and the unsullied...and I guess the knights of the vale? I mean like 6 dudes just took on their whole army.

Speaking of the White Walkers, Jon has beaten 2. They have dragon glass now, there are plenty swordsmen that are Jon's equal, probably better, that you'd think could take those guys down...I guess that's why they needed that dragon because that little scene made them seem so much less threatening lol.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The problem is numbers. Fighting the army of the dead is a fight of attrition. They'll slowly dwindle your numbers. You can fight off thousands of wights, but unless you burn them, Night King bro just has to shrug his shoulders and he has his original numbers plus your newly dead. That's what we saw at Hardhome.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, but the thing is...have you seen Jaime's army? The Wildlings are on even footing with the dead. Poor/little armor and whatever they can grab as weapons. My thing is...how are they even going to kill heavily trained, organized, men armed to the teeth? I'm just saying, I think those three armies themselves...ratio would be like 100 to 1 They'd kill 100 of those undead to losing one man. Then we're just talking about one army and both the Unsullied and Dothraki are both so feared.

When I sat there and watched I thought...man...you know what those guys are pretty weak. They are not armored and just carry any old weapon they can get their hands on. Maybe the Night King has something else up his sleeve.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right. And doesn't Dany cramp up riding on that dragon for so long? And what about when she has to go poo? "Drogon......mama dumparis," and the dragon lands for ten minutes while Dany squats behind a bush, the dragon looking the other way in some semblance of privacy? She can't just go on the dragon; she'd develop an infection down there. And what if she forgets to bring the toilet paper? Talk about getting an itchy bum!

JayGoogle likes this.