1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire Thread (WITH SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, May 15, 2012.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think the original intention was for 5 years to have passed between the events of Storm of Swords and those of Feast for Crows/Dance With Dragons but he ultimately decided against it.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see any reason why HBO wouldn't cut off Jaime's hand. I mean, it will take some makeup magic for at least half a season or more, but once he gets to King's Landing he can get the golden hand prosthesis and just wear it all the time (some kind of hard shell gold glove thing then instead of other makeup). I know he hated it in the books and didn't wear it often because of that, but for practical/budget sake I bet he wears it all the time in the show.

I mean, this is not like Tyrion losing half his nose. Jaime losing his sword fighting hand has a major impact on the character and his arc. It totally changes how he views himself, so I can't see them taking that out.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Maybe they'll just break his hand so he can't use it and get around it that way.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Don't broken hands heal?

5. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Anyone else find the inclusion of the Blackfish a little interesting? I assumed his character was cut to save money, as his role in the books so far haven't been all that significant.

Its been stated that Martin has given HBO some notes about how the series is suppose to end. So maybe they know something we don't, something that requires the existence of the Blackfish. I'm guessing his escape from Riverrun is more significant than I previously thought, with the theories of him escaping with Robbs queen possibly being true.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've read where a lot of people are concerned with all these new characters coming into an already character heavy show. But it is pretty likely, to my thinking, that by the end of season 3 of the show, Robb, Cat, The Hound(?), Joffrey and Tywin will all be dead (probably forgetting someone, too). Plus, Jaqen will be out of the picture. So they will be REALLY character heavy for a time on the show but will thin it out again by season's end.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If they are planning to spread book 3 over two season we'll probably have Rob and Cat die off in season 3, and Joff, Tywin, and Shae in season 4. Just a guess.

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Jaime wears a golden hand now, so they wouldn't have to show him completely handless for too long.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Somewhere in the middle of ADWD, I tried to name as many characters off the top of my head. I think I almost got to 100. Many can be cut in the TV adaptation, but I think by the end of season 3, they could easily have 30 actors playing important parts.

Not for Jon Snow :(

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

How much of Alfie Allen do you guys suspect we'll be seeing the next two seasons? He really did an amazing job this year.

I imagine we'll at least see at least a couple torture scenes. I'm not sure they'll really want to reveal how twisted Ramsay is until Purple Wedding happens and he can properly replace Joffrey.

Also, it looks like someone's getting ready for his return next season.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Nice last episode.

Im thinking Theons men captured him to secure their own release from Ramsey. Knowing Ramsey he probably killed them anyway.

Does anyone think the white walker on the horse is the same one that helps Sam and Gilly in SoS?

Denary's took all the valuables from Zoro Zohan Xoxas to by a boat but I'm curious if they will have Baristin Selmy show up with a ship from Ilyrio with Belwas. It seems like an integral part of the story.

Still curious on how they will introduce the Reeds.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I think it will be interesting to see how messed up they make Theon when he's re-introduced (courtesy of Ramsay's "hobby").

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It was a pretty disappointing season for me overall outside of episode 9. So many big changes in comparison to season 1, and almost all of them for the worse. I certainly don't expect a word for word translation, season 1 wasn't that way either. But I expected a much more faithful adaptation than they were able to provide.

14. crash5179

I understand. I had to remove the book and expectations to fully enjoy the series, but I did enjoy it.

Things I was disappointed in:

1. Timmit son of Timmit and all of Tyrions tribesman not being apart of the storyline
    2. Danarys portrail and the city of Qarth
    3. Yara / Asha
    4. Johns story arc
    5. No Reeds or Ramsey Snow
    6. Aryia did not kill anyone. I think with each killing it moves her closer to her destiny

Changes I liked:

1. Aryas relationship with Tywin
    2. Robs relationship with his wife

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

agreed I also enjoyed the Luwin/Theon scenes added. I thought Brienne and The Halfhand were written/portrayed poorly. Pod was very well done. Deserves an emmy.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yea i was thinking the same thing, but thats not a whitewalker, its an "other". the whitewalkers are the dead people.

The white hands guy that helps sam and gilly makes me think he's uncle benjy somehow

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

EW released a list of characters confirmed to be introduced in Season 3 and Belwas isn't on it. Hes one of my favorite characters too.

I also find it weird that they choose to introduce Thoros of Myr in Season 3. They could of done it much earlier.

19. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

That sucks.

Strong Belwas is hungry. Strong Belwas needs liver and onions.

20. crash5179

I'm pretty sure they refered to the dead people as wights in the books. I thought the white walkers / others were the same things.