1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire Thread (WITH SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, May 15, 2012.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

As requested. Thread contains spoilers, as the title indicates.

So we know for sure now that Ramsay Snow is going to show up, though the original Reek storyline seems to be out. That said, we still don't know if the Reeds have gotten the axe.

The more I think about it, I kind of wonder if they're really that necessary. I think if they have Maester Luwin survive the sack of Winterfell, he can take Rickon, and Bran can go North with Osha and Hodor (especially since they've already given him Jojen's green dreams).

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I wonder how they are going to do the Jaime and Tyrion sex scene. That's going to be weird.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

No fisting for obvious reasons.

1 person likes this.
  4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I gotta get off that bull**** and start reading this series.

5. Cannonball

I don't really see them getting rid of Osha so I too am betting that she and Hodor will accompany Bran North. They may not split Bran and Rickon up, but they probably will. Rickon's is hardly heard from as it is. Osha can be the food catcher instead of Meera (she is a wildling after all). And Osha being from north of the wall could create some interesting changes when they get there.

6. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

O.k seriously what the hell happens with Rickon, I have read all of book 5 and if he was mentioned except in passing past book 2, I can't remember where.

7. dharocks

Manderly sent Davos off to find him, apparently Osha took him to Skagos, an island to the north that supposedly has cannibals and unicorns

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope they don't axe Jojen and Meera because I really liked their characters in the books and I don't find Osha to be especially interesting, to be honest. You know, aside from the whole naked thing.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What they did with the scenes at Winterfell have been good but I think HBO missed out on an oppertunity with the Reek story arc. I guess for time constraints but I would have loved to actually seen Theons face when he goes at to meet Reek after the defeat of Sir Rodrick only to find out that Reek is actually Ramsey Snow.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'd love to see what hottie they wouldve cast for Meera, but their parts aren't needed. Osha provides all the mystical background knowledge Jojen wouldve given. If the show lasts long enough get to Dance, there'll be too many storylines to keep up with whatever nonsense Rickon's been up to anyways.

And were we introduced to Beric Dondarrion?

Also is anyone worried they won't do justice to the Blackwater Bay scene? It should honestly have an entire episode to its own.

11. dharocks

Well, Episode 9 is titled "Blackwater", and HBO's description is "Tyrion and the Lannisters fight for their lives as Stannis' fleet assaults King's Landing," so it sounds like it is getting its own episode.

It's the one episode written by George this season. I'm not worried.

12. Cannonball

I do remember Ned sending him off to bring justice to the Mountain in season 1. I doubt non-book readers would remember let alone recognize him when he comes back in SoS.

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

LMAO!!!!

14. crash5179

The problem with not haven the Reeds IMO, is that one major aspect of the series is that all of the Stark kids (the pack) were seperated by the end of CoK. Bran and Rickon were the last ones to go it alone but for all of them to be seperated and alone is kind of a major underlying theme. More so when you read about Arya talking about being with out a pack. The first pack being her brothers and sisters and later on loosing her second pack Hot Pie and Gendry.

15. crash5179

I'm predicting that with all of the action it will easily be one of the favorites. They have never mentioned Tyrions chain in the series as of yet or did I miss it?

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been wondering about that. I thought they would mention it casually in the episode when Tyrion takes over the order of Wildfire, but it hasn't been brought up yet. Seemed like an ideal time to tease that and leave it to non-book readers as to what he is doing. Maybe they will mention it in episode 8 and reveal its purpose during the battle in ep 9.

17. Cannonball

Yeah, throughout CoK, Tyrion was making plans and you were never quite sure what he was up to. You knew he was building a big chain but you didn't know how it was going to be used. If/When they raise the chain in Ep 9, I wonder how many viewers will go "Well when in the hell did they build that?" Or maybe they'll just raise it and not give Tyrion credit.

18. crash5179

They have really down played how important Tyrion was to protecting and preserving the city. It was his chain which of course was key to trapping the ships when in the bay while they sprayed wildfire on them. It was Tyrion that cleared all of the shacks away from the outside perimeter of the city walls. And it was Tyrion that sent the the warriors of the different tribes out to harass Stannis and his army as they approached the city.

Speaking of the different tribes that made up Tyrions own personal army, HBO has really down played how significant they were in the CoK.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yeah I miss Shagga and Timmett son of Timmett. They've downplayed Tyrion's role as Hand and all he's done to save the city, but they really haven't spent much time on him or how wretched King's Landing was becoming.

I remember thinking WTF when Tyrion wanted to devote all teh smiths to building a chain, and it's the chain's exclusion that makes me think this will be adapted from a sea battle to some beach-front storming battle. No chains and no Whores, just wildfire.

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i really have no interest in starting with a new thread, exactly like last year when there was a new non spoiler thread started, too much invested in the original thread so i just came here to vent

last year before i had read the books i put up with the spoilers and learned my lesson when i found out ned died before it happened in the show, it doesnt make sense to start a new thread full of spoilers when the original thread is already full of spoilers,

as far as tyrion fisting jaime, i bet they substitute brienne in place of tyrion