1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Fifa 14

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drexlerfan22, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Does anyone have any tips for scoring goals? I get like four breakaways a game and most end in saves. I probably average a goal every 3 games. I'm playing Career Mode so I don't know if it's just that my player is a noob or if it's what I'm doing. This is my player's 3rd season. I use either the L2 button and R1 button (ps4) on every shot. Almost all of my shots are on frame, they are just saved or hit the woodwork.

I appreciate it.

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Nah I have 30 goals on my loan team (16 matches in). It's quite easy. Once you enter the goalie box (assuming you're coming from the middle) take one step, power up to the yellow & aim for the bottom corners. 45% of the time it's goal, 45% of the time it goes wide & 10% of the time it hits post.

It's actually easier to score at an angle, example: you're going for the cross, fake it or cut it in, sprint into the goalie box from the side, aim for the opposite corner & hold R1 for finesse. Easy goal.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Anyone know how long you're on a loan for? I'm on loan from Juventus to this Norwegian team & the competition is boring. I'm overall 74.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

it should be at the start of Juventus' season.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

So I barely picked this up after getting a new 360.

I usually only play Career mode. I last played Fifa 12. One thing I see missing is the Player-Manager option!!! That was the thing I most liked. Being able to build up your player by playing as well as conducting your own transfers was great.. I love how it plays, but missing this was a big let down.

6. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Do you play FUT?

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

That was my favorite mode too. They removed it starting in Fifa 13, actually, making a lame excuse about how it's hard to make the narrative make sense ("Mr. Manager congratulated Mr. Manager on his excellent play in the last match").

Not that anyone actually cares about that. I just miss the mode.

Still, gameplay has continued to improve each year. That's more than I can say for most sports games. You take what you can get...

8. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Haven't tried it out before. Not really an online gamer. Perhaps I could start though.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Anyone on and wanna play a game. Ps3