1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 7 22-point swing by refs in favour of Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, May 29, 2018.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, a lot of people still remember 2002 Lakers-Kings Game 6. This series will forever be remembered together with that series.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Warriors always run that play, look at any broken play like this they always get a player to run a screen for a corner shooter and it usually always the most egregious illegal screen ever.

I mean maybe Curry makes that shot anyway but Harden was right there to contest and got literally blocked out of the play.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

same thing happens to EG by Looney. these are the new legal screens that need to be taught. just box out now while moving

but this screen/pick by harden is illegal apparently

bro2044, Lovemachine2000 and yixiixiy like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

they're fans too and are sick and tired of same ole ****.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Some of those three point shots were fouls

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nice work, but where’s the goaltend? :)

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Webber was part of that Sacramento team who got jobbed by the refs.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol that would be holding in the F'n NFL

That's basically what it is, boxing out while moving, I wonder if the NBA will go into next season with an emphasis on stopping it...like their Harden rules. That ish is terrible. Terrible.

I guess not. My guess is the NBA doesn't even think of telling refs to look out for this and call it, but it really is a big part of the offense for them. I feel like they do it at least 3x a game, usually off broken plays too or fastbreaks, the screener is always basically blocking a guy to get an open corner 3 for Klay or Curry. It's maddening too.

bro2044 likes this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

The difference is these calls aren't 50/50 calls. It's CLEAR as day Harden got fouled on those 3pt plays. It's CLEAR as day those goaltends were blocks, or the illegal screens that weren't called. Plus they all happened at the height of the Rockets runs. What happened last nite was ROBBERY

10. smokieethabear

Not sure if someone mentioned, but one of the non-calls on Harden's 3 in the 2nd quarter led to a long rebound and a quick transition 3 for Klay.

F**K Adam Silver!

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sorry if already posted...
    _____

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Let's not forget that Harden made a 3 in that stretch that was waived off... that ONE call could have swung the momentum back in the Rockets' favor.

13. Mr. Space City

@OfficialNBARefs still has nothing to say about all the trash calls against the rockets.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I like how the reddit user doesn't even mention all the no calls that went against the Rockets such as the 2 moving screens that allowed Curry to score 6 points and who knows what else. So yes there were a lot of blown calls but the proportion of those to the Rockets compared to the Warriors were higher especially when you factor in such things as moving screens that are not called.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

These 2 videos alone make me want to throw up.

That's a 7pt swing JUST in that inconsistent call between the 2. We only lost by 9 because we fouled to get a final possession, and to think even just these 2 plays make up that difference disgusts me. 2 days after and I am still so angry.

16. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I've tweeted The Starters a couple times in the last 2 days and told them that they're pathetic for not even mentioning the horrible officiating in Game 7 in their last two episodes. Assuming cause they work for the NBA.

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ronnie Nunn lost my respect on the Gordon play. How could he see no foul on Draymond's arm coming down on Gordon's shoulder? And Nick should have pointed that out instead of the wrist thing that was unclear.

And he keeps giving the refs excuses. I now see him as one who is there to protect the refs.

And why didn't they show the blatant Looney moving screen on Gordon that resulted in yet another wide open 3?

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

20. AkeemOlaDROwon

He’s right. You don’t know much about basketball or at least the abstract part of basketball which is a major facet of every basketball game. Game flow, rhythm, momentum, energy, confidence. You hear it in nearly every game. Kerr was fouling Capela for two reasons. He hasn’t been great at during the playoffs but just as important Lerr was trying to disrupt the Rockets rhythm and pace. Though you can’t see it, I promise you it does exist. It’s not just coincidence that our consecutive misses began when the most egregious calls were missed by the refs. It was a energy draining, distracting, and discouraging to the players. Disrupting rhythm is in every sport. Pitcher is on fire and you’ll see batters bunt or step outside of the batters box right before a pitch to disrupt their rhythm, in basketball you’ll see intentional fouls, timeouts, switching from man to man to zone, or switching defenders so they can’t get a “feel” for one specific player. All the refs had to do was simply bring GSW to even before the 4th with the Rox and that gifted a huge momentum swing in GSWs favor going into the last quarter. They were sluggish and out of rhythm for most of the game. Watch Klays consecutive two missed free throws in the first half you literally see that his rhythm was off. Two missed calls led to open transitional 3’s for Steph and Klay. An 11 or 12 point swing. Refs disrupted our rhythm and momentum and allowed GSW to get into theirs.