1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 7 22-point swing by refs in favour of Golden State Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, May 29, 2018.

1. Mr. Space City

It's one thing to have a few bad calls in a game not go your way.

It's another thing to be on the bad end of favorable whistles for the other team.

It's another thing to play in a poorly officiated game where it effects both teams

But what happened last night is indefensible.

The fact that it was a carryover from Game 6 after the Rockets went up 3-2, Let's me know everything i need to know. Someone made the call and said they don't want the Houston Rockets in the NBA Finals.

No way all those missed calls were a "Coincidence".

We never had a shot. They just wanted to make it entertaining, and try to fool the public in thinking they're beatable, but nobody is really beatable when the refs rig games like that.

I'm not no dummy. I see what the fucc is goin on.

#101 Mr. Space City, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The point is no matter how bad the Rockets played on offense, was their defense good enough to win? IMO, the answer is yes in last night’s game. Even if the defense sucked too, that’s ok because it’s part of the competition.

Bad officiating, especially as bad as last night’s, should not be a factor. I get human error. But the officiating was so bad that there were terrible calls and non-calls that led DIRECTLY to GS points which was enough to cover MORE than the difference in the final score. And that’s DESPITE missing 27 threes in a row. The missed three pointers were made up by second chance points and defense. Rockets couldn’t hit threes but score 92 points. Held GS to 101 but with a Warrior whistle.

My regret is that the Rockets gave the media the headline to cover up bad officiating. The media can’t blame the refs. At least not as the main narrative. The NBA protects its image by applying strict measures against slandering its officiating. I don’t think the league is rigged. But I do think specific refs officiate with gambling in mind.

I believe that if the officials called even the first few mistakes correctly, the Rockets would have blown GS out. Rockets had an avalanche going. Same thing that makes GS create so many blowouts. The mental aspect of the game is just as important.

#102 clutch citizen, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

We sill missed 27 consecutive 3s

4. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Everybody’s excuse this morning is... the rockets missed 27 straight 3s. Yes yes yes. They did and that was bad and there’s no excuse. HOWEVER.. they lost by 9 and the refs directly cost us 7 free throws (2 3 pt fouls on harden and the foul in the 3rd that was called on the floor, when we were in the penalty), the 4 point play by Harden (does Durant get that call? You bet), the 3 by curry on the blatant moving screen. It’s a shame we missed that many 3s in a row, it just gives people an excuse to overlook the calls.

The rockets could have overcome that, by hitting some shots. However, it’s so demoralizing to see all those missed calls (and more, I just scratched the surface). Champions find different ways to win. It isn’t always pretty. We should have been able to grind this out like many great teams do when they are struggling offensively, but the refs had so many bad calls in Q2 and Q3 that kept golden state close (and ahead, in the latter). Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic.

5. Mr. Space City

rockets defense was amazing.

no call on bell clearly fouling harden from behind the line led to a wide open klay thompson transition 3 and the no call on bell's blatant moving screen gave curry a wide open 3 and 3 more points.

that's 6 points right there given to them by the refs amongst taking at least 10 points away from harden.

warriors should've been held to under 100 points, but keep talking about missed 3's.

adw likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Lazy analysis to focus on the missed 27 threes because the truth is a couple went in that were waived off but more importantly we might not have taken so many if we weren't getting mugged at the rim. Maybe Harden, Gordon, Green, Ariza, etc... all drive more if they fouls are being called. Maybe we jack up 5 or 10 less threes but when you're getting hammered human nature is to stay on the perimeter.

7. omgTHEpotential

What a pathetic product the NBA has become.

WWE 2.0

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You call it a "crazy conspiracy theory", so I have to ask, do you know who Tim Donaghy is? Are you familiar with his scandal?

9. Mr. Space City

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually Harden made one right in the middle of that streak that Foster explicitly waved off - so even that record had a referee assist.

DonKnock, Easy, adw and 4 others like this.
  11. Sonn

Sonn Member

It's basically when flopping goes wrong. NBA players make it hard for the refs. If Harden stops flopping when he's not really fouled then it'll be easier for the refs to call it when he is fouled.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

You'd have to be blind/biased to not see those were obvious fouls. Literally just a post above.

13. Mr. Space City

ya'll really need to redefine what flopping really is.

guys body checking into you when you go up for a 3 is not a flop.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I feel you are right on this is a pattern in the NBA that you can trace al the way back to the 80's. The rox did not gameplan for this in their playoff goals of winning but you better believe they will never let anyone steal from them like this again. The key is Morey needs to keep the key pieces together while adding some more athletic 6ft 8 +++ defenders that can play offense in this system

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Whats really supposed to happen in a good halfway fair officiated game is one team's defense is taking the other out of their rhythm. that in no way happened last night. the refs completely took houston out of their game, not GS

everyday eddie, DonKnock, adw and 2 others like this.
  16. Aware

Aware Member

We got a raw deal with refs the last 2 games no doubt about it.

But it still comes down to them just needing durant/curry/thompson to be themselves while we have to hope that ariza/pj/whoever are going to have above average nights. Just a difference in talent in crunch time. Were close and with a healthy paul we might have won it, but them's be the breaks.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

I don't care what happens in the Finals other than the esteemable Scott Foster increasing his gambling debts.

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Please rename thread: The Memorial Day Screwjob

everyday eddie likes this.
  19. UrbanEnterprise

Missed shots happen

Missed calls in a Game 7 in this capacity should not

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member