1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 6 Referees

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, May 12, 2015.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

True by at the same time watching games 1-5 you can still see a lot of calls he would have def gotten in the regular season not being called. And they ARE fouls which is whats so puzzling..iam just happy mauer isn't on the list

2. hvic

hvic Member

Dwight will get his first foul on the first play

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Scott Foster was a bit controversial because of how close he was to Tim Donaghy during the time that he was rigging games for gambling. When they looked at Donaghy's phone records, he called Foster more than he called his bookie including numerous calls leading up to and immediately after games that were rigged.

So far this off-season, home teams have only won 12.5% of the games Foster has officiated, so hopefully that trend keeps up.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

cuttino the cat on pat fraher:

http://www.clutchfans.com/news/883/cat_scratches_mobley_blasts_ref_pat_fraher/

1 person likes this.
  5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Its interesting that Foster tends to be more in favor for the road team while the other two are more home biased. To me that may not be a good thing because they are still 2/3s of the ref crew. Now where Foster may help is when going to the replay usually its the main ref that makes the final call or in general if there is a toss up call they'll look to the main ref.

I think the game may be actually more against the Rockets - but the main ref is usually the baseline ref which may help since he calls the inside fouls

6. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

If TNT/ESPN/NBA wants a game 7, there will be a game 7.

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Just give me a Game 7.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

We wont need the refs tonight. 3's will fall like rain. Rockets taking the bad weather we've been having with them and going to piss in everybody's cereal.

9. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

I think Harden's mentality needs to change from trying to draw the foul and just throw it up on the backboard and putting pressure on the refs to call...To beast mode of I'm going to make the shot and if they call it its an extra bonus. That is part of the coaches job to help him change that mentality to ATTACK! Things will line up when you attack and not beg for calls.

10. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Road teams have won the Last 7 playoff games Scott Foster has refereed in. Per Nba ref stats

11. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Fact: ESPN, TNT do NOT want another game of Houston vs Clippers. The Rockets must go out there to win the game for themselves. The hacking and intentional fouls have drawn the ire of Kevin Harlan, and the other broadcasting teams that have covered the game. They blatantly showed clear disdain for having to cover a FT shooting contest among the worlds worst FT shooters. It is flat out the worst series to watch on TV for entertainment value for the casual basketball/sport fan. I expect the calls to be tight and the Rockets must find a way to combat it. I expect ticky tack fouls, but it will go both ways. The Rockets must do enough to protect Dwight and not have him in a position to draw stupid fouls. The Rockets also must relentlessly attack the chest of DeAndre Jordan in the paint. People credit Blake as a good defensive player... On the contrary, I think he is someone the Rockets can exploit, especially on pick and rolls. Hoping the Rockets find a way to get both their bigs(DeAndre and Griffin) in foul trouble.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll put my money on whatever team Foster's buddy Donaghy puts his money on tonight.

15. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Likely going to get Joey for a possible Game 7. They only have a select few refs do Game 7s and Joey is one of them. I'm not sure if that would be good or bad. Joey on the road is money, but I'm not aware of his Game 7 stats.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

If you honestly believe that ESPN executives will meet with the NBA reffing crew before tonight's game to discuss how they want the game reffed, then we just have to agree to disagree. Not trying to single you out, since a lot of people here (and NBA fans in general) think every game is rigged.

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member