1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 6 Referees

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, May 12, 2015.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Tim Duncan disagrees :D

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are you guys already making excuses in case of a loss?

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I think we're going to have to get over whoever it is, and decide to play well enough to win regardless which way the calls tend towards. Doesn't seem like we ever get a lot of help, and the best we usually can hope for is a fairly officiated game, so better decide, on LA grounds, that we are going to play our best basketball yet.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

No, they're making excuses in case McHale runs that "lack of effort and intensity" strategy you were referring to in your other thread.

1 person likes this.
  5. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

NBA games have alot to do with who is officiating..every crew has certain Characteristics...what do u think the purpose of the NBA releasing game assignments at 9 am each day is...it's for a reason..

6. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

1 person likes this.
  7. nemac

nemac Member

8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

That's good news, the more I thought about Joey, the more it made me think it could also work against us. I don't know any of the 3 and I don't think they are very controversial.

9. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Wow in the playoffs win % of home teams for Scott Foster is .12 & Pat Fraher is only .25%??? SWEEET! Good for that trend...but might not be good if you factor in law of averages :D

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That point differential aint bad either. Looking good so far for the Rockets. Just come out and play hard.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

None of this matters unless Harden is being super aggressive and attacking the basket. It also won't matter unless Ariza, Terry, Jones, Smith, and Brewer actually show a pulse on the offensive side of the ball. We're going to need at least 3 of them to have it going tonight. And perhaps most importantly, none of this will matter if we revert back to defensive form from Games 3 & 4.

12. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

13. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Well, we did have to strangle one of them.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Sample size is small. Just be glad we don't have any egomaniacs tonight. Foster tries to be fair.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

didn't cuttino used to have problems w/ pat fraher?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I disagree with the folks that think we can disregard the referees and just play harder. When friends asked me who I thought would win game 5 I said it would depend on if they've decided to let Harden get to the line or not. It feels like a completely arbitrary decision made by 3 random individuals.

We don't need referees to call the game in our favor. We don't even need them to be fair and balanced. We just need a group that lets Harden get to the line in a similar way he's gotten there all year, and a group that doesn't penalize Dwight for being big and strong.

Griffin gets to the line regardless of the refs. Harden doesn't. His game is different. It's on the refs.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

If Joey was reffing, it would have gone to a game 7. Done deal

18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

He just reffed our Game 5 on Tues. They don't ref back-2-back games in the same playoff series.

That was Ken Mauer, he was in Oakland last night for MEM-GS

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

My mistake; Crawford was in Cleveland on Tuesday night.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This has some validity, but it completely disregards any defensive adjustments the Clippers have made, and any relentless driving Harden has done in response. McHale even talked about it post game 5, about how they stopped attacking in prior games and needed to keep the pressure on the refs in the future with their constant high-contact attack games of Harden and Howard.