1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 6 Referees

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, May 12, 2015.

1. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

man i just want someone to at least not call BS on us. That Harden offensive foul...and the Griffin FLOP. omfg

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Deandre Jordan is key to series. Is apparent. Same reason rockets suck vs thunder. Due to the presence of ibaka. Freakishly huge shot blockers cause harden severe problems.

Also. I'm scared because Jamal Crawford is due for an eruption soon. He's been too quiet.

Joey Crawford helps the rockets a lot.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We have yet to get Brothers in this series unfortunately.

4. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I think Ken Mauer just had one of our games so I'd be surprised if we got again this quick. I want to say Joey reffed game 1 or 2, so we may not get him until game 7. I'd much rather have Brothers for Game 7 if we have to have him. Joey for Game 6 really is the perfect storm.

If you don't think referee assignments matter think again.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I don't think we've had Ed Malloy, Scott Foster or Tony Brothers. Chances are we see one of those 3 crews in Game 6 and get Joey in Game 7.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Mao Er related to Maori?

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This is from last year's playoffs. Pretty much backs up what I was thinking about Joey being krypton its for home teams. We definitely do NOT want Brothers. Home teams were 0.385 with Joey but like 0.875 with Brothers. Huge difference. Scott Foster isn't much better.

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

8. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

9. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Joey would be great if the NBA wants a 7th game. he can always backfire if they want to move on and be done in 6.

Brothers would be good for game 6 as he's traditionally been a good road ref. Getting him in a potential Game 7 would not be good!

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

11. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I just pray that the NBA and the Rockets want a game 7! Rockets were great tonight, and hope their confidence is here to stay

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Haha...

Yep, Joey Crawford went from hated to favorite son. Seriously, he actually calls a lot of fouls in Harden's favor and he doesn't give a chit anybody thinks. Joey is an egomaniac.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He generally likes the best player in the game. We have that.

14. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Definitely hoping for Joey, but he can only do so much, if we play with effort and be even smarter and do more to stick with guys than gamble and let them get open threes, we should be good.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Bill Kennedy is the one that veteran official that hates Doc because Doc supposedly called him a fa***t, and supposedly he's gay. But then when he refs games, you get this weird compensation effect from the other refs to try to balance out the hate calls. But yeah, if you ever want a plethora of 50/50 calls to go against Doc's team, hope for Kennedy.

16. nemac

nemac Member

Joey Crawford - Home team has won 6/7 games he has reffed. Road team foul rate 55.2% and technical rate is double.

Dream scenario: Scott Foster, Bill Kennedy, Mike Callahan. In games they have reffed this post season: Home team won 4/19. But I'm sure the NBA tracks their tendencies so that would never happen.

17. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Tonight Malloy, Mauer, and Brothers working games so none of those guys willl work our game tommorrow...
    that means it's most likely Joey Crawford tommorow for our game. ..my educated guess

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1 post season is way too small of a sample size to try to gauge referee favoritism.

Joey Crawford calls superstar fouls. That's why a James Harden fan should like him.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Harden needs to just focus on making the shot first and if he gets the call, he gets it. We all know he has the body control and strength to power through contact and make the basket. We have all seen it so many times.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think Kennedy was the alternate last night so I dont think he'll do the game tomorrow.

I still think Crawford is a terrible ref but he doesnt let a lot of the unnecessary physical stuff the clippers have been doing to Dwight and the rest go. He'll warn them once - and stop the game to warn them and then just doling out the technicals.